BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Default Empire pictures & details

Empire Army Book (ideal Premium/Hobby Account new release product) - Released 7th April
    • 96p Full colour, Hardback Army Book.
    • Essential guide to the Empire army including background, new rules, Army List, artwork and miniature gallery.
    • Every Character and Unit in the Army Book is available to buy!
    • Contains rules for brand new ‘never seen before’ miniatures.

Plastic Kits

Karl Franz on Deathclaw (ideal Premium/Hobby Account new release product) - Released 7th April
    • This box contains a multipart plastic kit that makes one of THREE different models; Karl Franz on Deathclaw, Empire General on Griffon or Amber Wizard Lord on Griffon.
    • Assembled kit is huge- 6” high and 9” wide.
    • A centerpiece kit that will appeal to both gamers and modelers/painters alike.
    • Kit contains lots of extra pieces i.e. Multiple Chest plates and heads for the Griffon and more.

Empire Celestial Hurricanum / Luminark of Hysh (ideal Premium/Hobby Account new release product) - Released 7th April

• This box contains a multipart plastic kit that makes one of Two different models; or the.
    o The Celestial Hurricanum: A rare choice for the Empire Army or a mount for a Celestial Battle Wizard Lord.
    o Enhances the armies fighting abilities, spell casting and can create enchanted storms!

Or

o Luminark of Hysh: A rare choice for the Empire Army or a mount for a Light Battle Wizard Lord.
    o Creates a magical enchantment that protects nearby troops and helps disrupt enemy spell casting and can fire deadly beam of light at the enemy!

• A centerpiece kit that will appeal to both gamers and modelers/painters alike.
    • Each kit contains lots of extra parts e.g. Light and Celestial Battle Wizard lords, Acolytes etc.
    Volkmar the Grim on The War Altar of Sigmar (ideal Premium/Hobby Account new release product) - Released 7th April

• This box contains a multipart plastic kit that constructs the mighty War Altar of Sigmar.
    • Standing 7” high it is a centerpiece kit that will appeal to both gamers and modelers/painters alike.
    • The War Altar is a Lord choice as it can be a mount for either Volkmar or an Arch Lector.

Empire Demigryph Knights (ideal Premium/Hobby Account new release product) - Released 7th April

• This box contains enough multipart plastic pieces to assemble three Demigryph Knights- Elite Monstrous Cavalry that are a Special choice in the Empire Army Book.
    • The kit allows you to model the rank and file Inner Circle Knights or a full command group or a mixture of both.
    • The kit allows them to take lances or a cavalry Halberd.

Empire Master Engineer (ideal Premium/Hobby Account new release product) - Released 7th April

• Plastic Frame Clampack that contains one Master Engineer.
    • The Master Engineer is a Hero Choice in the army.
    • The Master Engineer is easy to assemble and can be assembled in different ways.

Captain of the Empire (ideal Premium/Hobby Account new release product) - Released 7th April

• Plastic Frame Clampack that contains one Captain of the Empire.
    • The Captain of the Empire is a Hero Choice in the army.
    • The Captain of the Empire is easy to assemble and comes with 2 heads to choose from.

Omigod the griffons are beautiful I must have.
    Last edited by eldargal; 03-27-2012 at 09:06 AM.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Not as entranced by the big magic thing as I was by the Coven Throne but it is still rather pretty.

Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Prettiness overwhelming

And the moment you've all been waiting for, Demigrph Knights

My thoughts:

Cover: I like it, his face is a bit odd but if I wanted an army of pretty boys I'd play High Elves (which I do as well, come to think of it)

Griffon/Karl Franz: Love it, just love it. The griffon looks magnificient, the double headed version slightly less so but still nice. Karl Franz/general looks lovely.

War Altar. For the first time I actually want a war altar, never cared for it in the past. So pretty now. Ditto the celestial thingamy and luminark.

The Witch hunter is nice, the amber wizard less so. Naked woodsmen not really my thing. Want a better look at Markus before I venture an opinion.

Master Engineer/Captain plastics: Gorgeous.

Demigryph knights: So much better than I was expecting, I love them. Really love them.

GW, it is only April and you've already knocked it out of the wossname with VC and now Empire. Argh, I love that griffon so much. I want a pet griffon.
    Last edited by eldargal; 03-27-2012 at 09:17 AM.

First-Captain

That Griffon is awesome. I love that tiger paint scheme. The other models leave me a bit underwhelmed. I don't really know what I was expecting stuff to look like but I guess I was expecting a bit more wow. The recent fantasy releases have been outstanding. This...not so much.

Brother-Captain

Wow that griffon is really something, that just oozes majesty in that pose, so much badass wrapped up in that figure. Liking the look of the rest, especially the new figure for Volkmar the Grim. the Demigryph knights are a lot better than I thought they would be (didn't like the FW one at all), even more so when seen as a unit together.

The Wizard War Altars are pretty cool, especially the Celestial one, I can see the giant astrolabe on top of that being used for scenery (it would look a lot better atop that recent tower than the skeletal air traffic controller for sure!)

My only complaint is the book cover, because it looks like the captain there has been drinking rather heavily, cos his nose seems to be bright red! Though to be fair if my job involved facing off against some of the horrors the Empires troops routinely have to deal with, I think heavy drinking would be the least I'd do to cope with it!

Actually two complaints, because no sign of warrior priests of Ulric & Morr, the Empire does not just worship Sigmar!
    Last edited by Brakkart; 03-27-2012 at 10:22 AM.
    Either there is life in the universe more intelligent than us, or we are the most intelligent form of life in the universe. Either way, it's a worrying thought!

Almost universally lovely stuff, especially excited about K.F and Volkmar - not 100% on the captain and some of the options on the big kits yet, may need to see them in person.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    My thoughts:

Griffon/Karl Franz: Love it, just love it. The griffon looks magnificient, the double headed version slightly less so but still nice. Karl Franz/general looks lovely.
    Agreed. What an amazing kit. I can't get over how nice it looks. So regal, so lordly. Amazing.

War Altar. For the first time I actually want a war altar, never cared for it in the past. So pretty now. Ditto the celestial thingamy and luminark.
    Well, that's because the previous model was a giant, stinky, piece of poop. My only problem with the new one is that I like all three variants far too much. That means I'm going to be in for three boxes. Doh!

The Witch hunter is nice, the amber wizard less so. Naked woodsmen not really my thing. Want a better look at Markus before I venture an opinion.

Master Engineer/Captain plastics: Gorgeous.
    Strange; I figured naked woodsmen would be RIGHT up your ally . I like all of the single pieces. GW really hitting it out of the park with the new plastic characters, it makes me hope that they move to them completely.

Demigryph knights: So much better than I was expecting, I love them. Really love them.
    Agreed. I think they're lovely. My only hope is that they scaled them correctly so that Bruckner fits in a unit with them.

Wow, GW. Just wow. Home run here.

www.queencityguard.com

Battle-Brother

Solid release all around. These will make fine additions to my Averland force.

I rather like the big griffon, but the demigryphs do nothing for me. We'll see how I feel about them after I see them in person.

I love the book cover. Is that Paul Bonner's handiwork?

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by wittdooley View Post
    I like all of the single pieces. GW really hitting it out of the park with the new plastic characters, it makes me hope that they move to them completely.
    Yeah I think going this route would have been a lot better than Finecast, and hopefully in time they might well drop Finecast and move to plastics entirely, because nobody does plastic figures anywhere near as good as they do.
    Either there is life in the universe more intelligent than us, or we are the most intelligent form of life in the universe. Either way, it's a worrying thought!

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast