BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Eh, I don't mind the cover of the book. Honestly after the horrible VC cover I was expecting much worse.

I concur as far as swordsmen. They are so much more survivable that I've never had them die before earning their points back. Spears just seem as futile on Empire guys as they are on most everything else. I'd either go Swordsmen or Halberdiers.
    Armies - Skaven, Tomb Kings, Eldar, Iron Snakes, Dark Eldar, Retribution, & Legion
    Blog - http://chronowraith.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bushido View Post
    Then there's the Tau Devilfish/Hammerhead/Skyray, they're all basically the same, in fact it's a little secret that you can build any of the three out of just the skyray box.
    You'll need to acquire a pair of Gun Drones from somewhere to get the full triple out of it...

Quote Originally Posted by Wildeybeast View Post
    Is it just me or does anyone else think the image on the front of WD is much better than the front of new army book? It's the only thing about the empire release that I don't like.
    It appears to be a rule that all 8th Edition army book covers must be inferior to the previous release.

Quote Originally Posted by Houghten View Post
    You'll need to acquire a pair of Gun Drones from somewhere to get the full triple out of it...
    Not true, you can arm a Devilfish with Smart Missiles. In any case gun drones are around $7-$10 for 4 depending on where you live.

I also forgot in addition to the 7 Tanks/IFV's previously mentioned that all share the same basic Rhino Chassis there is also the Baal Predator, the Immolator, the Exorcist, and the Repressor that all also share that same chasis.

I'm not sure why I said swordsmen actually, I just meant spearmen. I use halbrdiers, swordsmen and handgunners a lot.

Detachments are looking really nifty and probably justify the points increase in State Troops, detachments get the special rules ofthe main unit (so stubborn for greatswords). So you could have a horde of Greatswords backed by two units of halberdiers or swordsmen for a really nasty offensive bundle.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

That sounds pretty awesome, I think I need some more greatswords!
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

I don't, hehe, I loved the plastics so much I've bought like ten boxes.

You wouldn't believe the whining going on at Warseer at the moment. Actually it's Warseer, so you probavly would believe.
    ''Boo, state troops are worse than all the other armies core, here are some examples which are all conveniently from OP 7th ed books and cost 50% more than a state troops, boo'

Interestingly enough someoone on Warseer claimed that their local GW said GW stores weren't getting the books in for another couple of days, and our local stores don't have them in either. So it remains an ope nquestion as to whether the one person on the entire internet with access to the book in his store, the source of all these rules rumours, is telling the truth.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

From Warseer:

I have seen the new army book, but was so busy I forgot to mention it... this stuff is true...

Warrior priests still generate dispel dice, same with Arch lectors and the War altar boosts are still good
    They dont generate dispel dice anymore, though they can channel both power and dispel dice
    Their prayers are improved: 1 that makes the whole unit reroll wounds. 1 that gives the unit 5+ in closecombat, and then we have old soulfire that now gives flaming attacks to the unit and damages models in basecontact with the priest

Griffonbanner same as usual for 60pts
    Runefang is still in the book at 85pts
    Helm of the ratslayer. fear to everyone, terror to skaven but skavens hate the model wearing it. 15pts
    AOMI 1+AS and 6++ for 50points
    Steelstandard. ignore -movement from barding and reroll 1's on the charge, flee and pursue
    Mace of helstrum 50pts
    Van horstmans speculum still there at 40pts
    Ring of volans
    and the white cloak reworked at 50pts

All state troops except spearmen have gone up 1 points (including crossbows, handgunners and greatswords)
    Detachment rule: Detatchments now counts for the same point cost as the parent unit (for example core, special etc.)
    They gain the same special rules as the parent unit (stubborn, stupidity etc) and also get the same prayer as the parent unit.

Mortars will be s2(6) big plate and get a 33% point increase aswell. Great cannon gets a 20% point increase. Steam tank now works differently with a steamengine missifirechart. It moves d6 random move per steampoint used up to 5 and causes d6+d3 per steampoint impact hits.

Witchhunters get some sort of "assassin type role in the army.
    After deployment you pick a model to "accuse of heresy!" ::heretic:: and then the witchhunter will be extra strong against that model.

Regular knights have gotten a pointdrop by 2pts And there will be mounted reiksguardknights at 27pts. They are like normal inner circle knights but also stubborn.

Engineers can now either pass their BS on to one war engine per turn OR reroll a dice
    Griffons are down to 170pts
    The stank will have t6 , the stank has +1 AS instead. + the rules are different now
    The effectivness of the main cannon and the steam gun is dependant on how many steampoints you spend on it that turn. the steamtank moves d6 random move per steam point (so it could in theory charge 30") and it does d6+d3 per steampoint impacthits
    Yes it has a special blowing the boiler missfirechart now
    And no, if you use 5 steampoints you would get d6+ 5d3 impacthits

The rules for sacrificing flagellants have been remade so they can get +1t instead of that +1 combat res if i remember it right.
    And if you use flagellants against the right unit they can wreak havoc...
    Ah right forgot to mention that. There is no unit limit anymore on them :icon_eek:
    The hellstorm rocketbattery will fire d3 s3 small templates and fire like a normal stonethrower except allways indirect fire so its not a huge nerf. Could potentialy hit 63 models in 1 shot :icon_question: :icon_twisted:

Helblaster - still BS shooting style though it can use the BS of an engineer.
    when the helblaster missfires will on the first missfire roll, shoot half the shots, on the second missfire roll that turn, roll on the blackpowder chart and third roll all barrels roll 10 and the cannon explodes

Sorry if you guys know all this already.
    I'm happy for the knights, they needed a boost.
    Still a chance these aren't true, though. But they seem reasonable.

Only thing I'm not happy with is the mortar, it needed a nerf/price rise but it got both. Excessively so.

Warrior priests still generate dispel dice, same with Arch lectors and the War altar boosts are still good
    They dont generate dispel dice anymore, though they can channel both power and dispel dice
    So they do and don't generate dispel dice? I can see it both ways but this contradicts itself. Is he referring to the War Altar? Because I don't remember that generating dispel dice although I've never really used it much.

Their prayers are improved: 1 that makes the whole unit reroll wounds. 1 that gives the unit 5+ in closecombat, and then we have old soulfire that now gives flaming attacks to the unit and damages models in basecontact with the priest
    Glad to see they got rid of the unbreakable prayer. I'm surprised they don't have a prayer that makes the unit less likely to run though. I guess they picture the army resilient enough with the new "Hold the Line" ability?

Helm of the ratslayer. fear to everyone, terror to skaven but skavens hate the model wearing it. 15pts
    I really wish they'd do away with these "I'm good against a specific race" magic items. I guess at least this one will grant some benefit against non-skaven armies but it's kind of lackluster.

Steelstandard. ignore -movement from barding and reroll 1's on the charge, flee and pursue
    Wow, that is amazing. Even more so if it's low-to-mid points.

Van horstmans speculum still there at 40pts
    This makes kittens cry... and empire generals cackle with laughter.

All state troops except spearmen have gone up 1 points (including crossbows, handgunners and greatswords)
    Detachment rule: Detatchments now counts for the same point cost as the parent unit (for example core, special etc.)
    They gain the same special rules as the parent unit (stubborn, stupidity etc) and also get the same prayer as the parent unit.
    This is pretty huge. The increase in point cost is nothing really but the section about detachments coming out of the points for the section of the parent unit is pretty big. I assume they do this otherwise people would take their 50% special allotment in greatswords and then fill them out with detachments and be done. Also, prayers extending to the detachment is pretty huge as well.

Mortars will be s2(6) big plate and get a 33% point increase aswell. Great cannon gets a 20% point increase.
    It needed it. The point increase is a bit much, probably only needed 20% as well, but S3 pie plate was too devastating given the vast majority of armies out there are T3. I've had entire unts of slaves decimated by a single mortar shot.

Steam tank now works differently with a steamengine missifirechart. It moves d6 random move per steampoint used up to 5 and causes d6+d3 per steampoint impact hits.The stank will have t6 , the stank has +1 AS instead. + the rules are different now. The effectivness of the main cannon and the steam gun is dependant on how many steampoints you spend on it that turn. the steamtank moves d6 random move per steam point (so it could in theory charge 30") and it does d6+d3 per steampoint impacthits
    Doesn't it work essentially the same now? I don't use steam tanks but it sounds familiar from when I've faced them in the past. T6 brings it in line with most other "monsters".

Witchhunters get some sort of "assassin type role in the army. After deployment you pick a model to "accuse of heresy!" ::heretic:: and then the witchhunter will be extra strong against that model.
    I guessed at this when I saw the stats on GW's website. Imagine him with Van Hostman's Speculum.

Engineers can now either pass their BS on to one war engine per turn OR reroll a dice
    Griffons are down to 170pts
    All good. Although the griffon is priced too high for my liking. Still reasonable but too much for me to stick him in the average game (I likely wouldn't use him for anything below 3k).

The rules for sacrificing flagellants have been remade so they can get +1t instead of that +1 combat res if i remember it right.
    And if you use flagellants against the right unit they can wreak havoc...
    Unbreakable plague monks... *Shivers*

What to do... what to do... I must be crazy to start both an Empire (well, re-starting) and a Chaos Dwarf army at the same time...
    Last edited by Chronowraith; 04-01-2012 at 11:00 AM. Reason: grammar
    Armies - Skaven, Tomb Kings, Eldar, Iron Snakes, Dark Eldar, Retribution, & Legion
    Blog - http://chronowraith.blogspot.com

Chapter-Master

IF this is all true, Empire got nerfed and points increases. Oh goody. Sounds about right for Cruddace.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

the state troops got a HUGE buff what are you talking about?

Hold the line.

Any regiment that is required to take a break test with a captain or a general of the empire in the unit rolls 3d6 and takes the lowest 2

that's worth the points increase imo

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast