BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Blood Angels 2nd Company

As promised, here are a few pics of my Blood Angels 2nd Company. I still need to finish of Dante, Corbulo and a couple of other characters, but real life gets frustratingly in the way at the moment....The subtle shading on the red armour is not showing up unlike the Yellow and blue and my two little boyz decided to play with the figures when I photographed them resulting in some bust limbs, guns and backpacks everywhere! I hope you like them anyway....blue tac blobs and all....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DXORD BA 2nd Coy Srgnt tac sqd__0442.jpg 
Views:	169 
Size:	87.5 KB 
ID:	1834   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DXORD BA 2nd Coy *** sqd1__0450.jpg 
Views:	146 
Size:	134.1 KB 
ID:	1835   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DXORD BA 2nd Coy Dev sqd1_0449.jpg 
Views:	137 
Size:	106.1 KB 
ID:	1836   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DXORD BA 2nd Coy Tac sqd_0447.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	124.2 KB 
ID:	1837   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DXORD BA Srgnt and StdB_0446.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	124.2 KB 
ID:	1838  

Chapter-Master

Great classic scheme, well executed. Don't think I even saw any blu-tac blobs

Hope I can oneday get all of my marines up to this standard! A few are, but there are a lot of old ones that need redoing (with more care and attention than I possessed in my early teens) and a good number that are sitting partially painted.
    Always thinking 2 projects ahead of anything I've yet to finish
    http://instinctuimperator.blogspot.co.uk/

I love the oop 2nd ed models. WooHoo!!
    "Wisdom means having the ability to admit what you do not know."

Librarian

ooohhh nice work, i love the look of the old classic models done in classic colours too

just wish i could find a big pile of bolter/arm sprues and backpack sprues from the old 2nd ed guys (not the hollow shoulder guys those arms were waaayyyy skinny) i love the old bolters and backpacks.

Excellent, brings back a lot of memories of my childhood 2nd Edition BA force!

Quote Originally Posted by SotonShades View Post
    Great classic scheme, well executed. Don't think I even saw any blu-tac blobs

Hope I can oneday get all of my marines up to this standard! A few are, but there are a lot of old ones that need redoing (with more care and attention than I possessed in my early teens) and a good number that are sitting partially painted.
    Thank you for the kind comments. I know the feeling about thoughts of re-painting old figures. I have many figures most quite old and in various forms of painting styles. Personally I am going to leave mine as is, as I can at least game with them and they are not unpainted. I will be posting some of my Orks and they are old and not great painting (IMO) but I will let others judge - will I repaint them? I doubt it as they are from an age in the past and I like them and it brings back fond memories when I did paint them....I wish I could paint like some the peeps on here and the 'eavy metal team...

Quote Originally Posted by Cpt Codpiece View Post
    ooohhh nice work, i love the look of the old classic models done in classic colours too

just wish i could find a big pile of bolter/arm sprues and backpack sprues from the old 2nd ed guys (not the hollow shoulder guys those arms were waaayyyy skinny) i love the old bolters and backpacks.
    Thank you for the kind comments. What the paints hide......is metal, plastic, metal / plastic combo but no finecast. The figures are oldclassics and Like you I like them too and they are just characterful. I have 2nd edition IG, Orks, Dwarves, Eldar! The IG are currently being built into penal and renegade units. The Orks I will try and post today or tomorrow and the Eldar are way down the old painting pile (I'm awaiting next codex to decide colour scheme).

Quote Originally Posted by Captainparty View Post
    Excellent, brings back a lot of memories of my childhood 2nd Edition BA force!
    many thanks for the kind comments Captain There is a spread of classic metal, 2nd ed and 3rd ed in the force. I am currently building the other tac and dev squads out of current models - should look interesting against these guys.

Chaplain

Classic, well done Sir.
    "I have seen what you will see. I have fought what you must fight, and I have slain what you must slay...." Commander Dante

i like the retro models. Nice work!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast