BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Default ***massive spoilers!!**** seriously don't open unless you've read phalanx

Is it just me or has somebody in the editing section of the black library dropped a massive bollock?

Quote Originally Posted by P61
    Lysander touched a finger to one of the control surfaces and a tiny laser pulse punched a microscopic hole through the ceramite of his gauntlet's finger joint. Twin blades of pure blackness shot out of each end of the cylinder. The air sighed as it was cut apart by the voids of the blades.
    "Vortex blades", said Lysander. "A vortex field bound by Throne knows what technology from the age before the Imperium. Activated by the genetic signature of Rogal Dorn.

Quote Originally Posted by P177
    "What are you saying?" asked Sarpedon.
    "I am saying that Rogal Dorn is not your primarch".

Quote Originally Posted by P263
    The Soulspear was gene activated and would only respond to someone with a Soul Drinker's genetic code
    So either you have a major continuity error where the Soul Drinkers and Imperial Fists can both activate the soulspear, or some conspiracey where the imperial fists arent the true descendents of dorn as they can activate the spear like the soul drinkers can, and it was the blood of the crimson fist that used to close the portal, and the iron knight to open it...
    And obviously the soul drinkers cant be of Dorn or the fallen Daenyathos would have just Sacrificed a battle brother 6k ago when his schemes were put into action...

I'm inclined to believe its an editing error but it's one you could fly a battle barge through...

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Check this out: it actually supports the quotes you posted.

[URL="http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Rogal_Dorn"]http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Rogal_Dorn[/URL]

read down towards the bottom under 'Soul Drinkers'

Chapter-Master

Exactly, so massive oversight, or massive conspiracy?

Didn't I see another thread about Phalanx a while ago?
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Chapter-Master

This was from march...
    But I may have jumped the gun and ranted before anybody had read it...

First-Captain

There is a passage in the Phalanx towards the end that talks about this. I don't have the book at work though.
    I'm sure a tech priest or somebody says that he made it so the soul spear would work for the soul drinkers. or it suited his purpose to believe they were sons of Dorn or words to that effect.

The new Rulebook has the Soul Drinkers listed as a 2nd founding chapter now doesn't it?

Ahhhhh.... Yeah, Phalanx leaves us with a lot of questions... Like we need ANOTHER Space Marine chapter that doesn't know their lineage. The Adeptus Administratum are terrible at their jobs.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by energongoodie View Post
    There is a passage in the Phalanx towards the end that talks about this. I don't have the book at work though.
    I'm sure a tech priest or somebody says that he made it so the soul spear would work for the soul drinkers. or it suited his purpose to believe they were sons of Dorn or words to that effect.

The new Rulebook has the Soul Drinkers listed as a 2nd founding chapter now doesn't it?
    Does it? I'll have to re-read it, I missed that bit lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzeentch's Dark Agent View Post
    Ahhhhh.... Yeah, Phalanx leaves us with a lot of questions... Like we need ANOTHER Space Marine chapter that doesn't know their lineage. The Adeptus Administratum are terrible at their jobs.
    This is what happens when you turn the unemployable into civil servants...

True that.

I want to know more about the Guardians of Celeres...
    We all call them the Guardians of Celery.

Chapter-Master

Protectors of the veg garden?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast