BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Brother-Captain

Default Upcoming releases from Forgeworld!

As detailed in the newsletter that went out earlier today, there are some very interesting items that will be going up for sale soon, and they will have limited numbers of these for sale at this weekends Open Day at Warhammer World:

Deimos Pattern Predator Executioner

Heavy Conversion Beamer Turret

Plasma Executioner Turret

Deimos Pattern Predator ExecutionerThe Predator is a highly effective medium tank designed to provide Space Marine detachments with heavy fire support in the heat of battle. An ancient and revered design, cited by the Codex Astartes as a spiritual mentor, no less, there are almost as many patterns of Predator as there are of the ubiquitous Rhino hull it is based upon. One such variant is the Deimos Pattern, manufactured in the vast forges that occupy the moons of Mars.

The obscure Deimos Pattern Predator Executioner is significantly rarer than the Annihilator and Destructor, for the Adeptus Mechanicus hoard their secrets jealously in the dark days of the 41st Millennium. Some even go so far as to whisper that it is a sinful pattern born of the tech-heresy of innovation, although it is known to date from the shadowed days of the Scouring.

The potent firepower of a Plasma Executioner is the default armament of this war machine, bolstered by the usual Heavy Bolter or Lascannon sponsons. The main gun can be replaced with a Heavy Conversion Beamer, although the additional power drain of this arcane and ancient device precludes the addition of Lascannon sponsons. Such devices

Designed by Will Hayes, the Deimos Pattern Predator Executioner is a multi-part resin and plastic kit containing two turret weapon options and two sponson weapon options. It will be available to purchase in limited numbers at the Forge World Open Day on Sunday 1st April in advance of its scheduled release date, and will cost £46

And also...

Chaos Decimator Weapons

Chaos DecimatorInquisitorial savants do not know for sure what unknown and malefic party are responsible for the sinful innovation of the Decimator Daemon Engine, which is capable of fielding a wide range of armament; arcane conversion-beam generators, great multi-barreled Stormlasers, the reality-altering heresy of warp-tainted Soulburners and great raking Siege Claws to name but a few.
    Towering over even the mighty, and exceedingly rare, Contemptor Pattern Dreadnoughts of the Adeptus Astartes, the Decimator is believed to be an attempt to bolster the ranks of such ancient devices that still serve the Traitor Legions on the part of the shadowed, now near-mythical, Legio Cybernetica. If this is the truth, then the warriors of the Imperium may well yet tremble before the might of this colossus.

Two more detailed resin weapon options for this fearsome Daemon Engine will be on sale at the Forge World Open Day in limited numbers, well in advance of their scheduled release. The Decimator Soulburner and Decimator Heavy Conversion Beamer, designed by Daren Parrwood, are finely detailed resin weapons for the recently-released Decimator Daemon Engine, experimental rules for which can be downloaded from the Forge World website now.

And finally...

Imperial Armour Model Masterclass Volume 2

Imperial Armour Model Masterclass Volume Two Available to purchase for the first time in limited numbers at the Forge World Open Day, Imperial Armour Model Masterclass Volume 2 costs £26.

Whether you’re building and painting a centrepiece model for your army or a detailed diorama for display, Imperial Armour Model Masterclass Volume 2 is packed with innovative techniques to help you create stunning models.

Among others, you’ll find construction and painting articles on models such as the Imperial and Chaos Reaver Titans, the Great Brass Scorpion and the Crassus Armoured Assault Transport as well as in-depth construction guides focused on our display tables such as ‘Encounter at the Balmaeus Ice Mines’, built alongside Imperial Armour Volume 11: The Doom of Mymeara (which you’ll be able to see in all its splendour at the Open Day).

The book also contains detailed galleries of some of our iconic models, including the Vulture Gunship and Keith Robertson’s fantastic Saim-Hann Phantom Titan bust.

This 144-page, full colour hardback book contains a plethora of informative articles, stage-by-stage guides, lavish galleries and inspirational models from the talented painters and modellers of our design studio, making this book a feast for the eye and the imagination as well as a practical resource as well.
    Either there is life in the universe more intelligent than us, or we are the most intelligent form of life in the universe. Either way, it's a worrying thought!

Forge World always has such nice models. Too bad I can't afford any of them.

Chapter-Master

that looks really nice i think i migh tpick up the decimator and book also i love the side sponsons on the predator: theyd make GREAT arms for a dread! :P
    visit my blog: www.fuzzbuket.blogspot.com I do cheap commsion work
    And COME TO BOLSCON UK and yell about my font!

Battle-Brother

Love the new models, especially the Predator Decimator is cool but Chaos isnt exactly my cup of tea :P
    Does anyone know when these will actually be up for sale on the Forgeworld website?

Chapter-Master

I do like that pred! I've got three fairly regular preds so far... I think I might be able to crow-bar an awesome one into my collection!
    Always thinking 2 projects ahead of anything I've yet to finish
    http://instinctuimperator.blogspot.co.uk/

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Nightspawn View Post
    Forge World always has such nice models. Too bad I can't afford any of them.
    Go price out the GW stuff and then go back and look at FW prices and you'll find out that they are only marginally more expensive in many cases for similar models.

Brother-Sergeant

Can't wait until Sunday to have a butchers at the IA Masterclass Volume 2. FW open day is always so much fun. Reckon it will be crazy busy though! Bring it on!

from the quote it reads as if the decimator will get another weapon? or even more? i want to see wich and what they do before i order my 2 decimators as i already fallen in love with them since i first saw them a while ago.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Souba View Post
    from the quote it reads as if the decimator will get another weapon? or even more? i want to see wich and what they do before i order my 2 decimators as i already fallen in love with them since i first saw them a while ago.
    Just don't glue the weapons, keep 'em swappable and order new arms/weapons as they come out if you want them.
    Armies Played (in order of acquisition)
    Crons, SW, SM, Tau, 1k Sons, IG, Nids, BA, DE

thats what im doing anyway. i just dont want to order 2 times since the shipping fees from FW are a bit over the top

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast