BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
    Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Kawauso View Post
    *head-desk*

Seriously, between this and the GK costume, I can't understand what standards people are using to judge whether or not something is 'fake'.

It's a plastic and resin kit. It uses plastic parts from the Stormraven sprue, I think it's safe to say.
    Saying it has too much in common with the Stormraven is like saying the Predator has too much in common with the Rhino, so it looks like a fraud. Or that the Hammerhead has too much in common with the Devilfish. Or that the Hellhound has too much in common with the Chimera. Or that the Fire Prism is 'just a Wave Serpent with some extra bits'.

April Fools jokes done by companies are always obvious, with a punchline involved. Like the How to Roll Citadel Dice book GW put up last year. It was an obvious fake.

What about this screams 'fake' or 'joke' to people? I just don't get it. Never mind that they announced it before, you know, April 1st.
    The absence of any pictures of the model unpainted in raw resin and plastic are a huge tipoff that this is an April Fool's joke.

Look at every newsletter that you've ever received or the "New Stuff" section of FW's site and they always have pictures of the model without paint. This is a cobbled together model from multiple other kits. For 80 pounds, FW could do a lot better. Also, I received newsletter 301 and the next day received the newsflash about the Stormeagle. Why wouldn't they include the Stormeagle in the newsletter?

Shenanigans.

I hate to have to point this out yet again, but an April Fools joke has to take palce -you know- ON APRIL 1st. Otherwise it's a "Late March Fools" joke. There's nothing "April Fools" about this, it's merely an incomplete page for this item that was discovered early, it may even be in the prototyping stage. Saying this has a "cobbled together" look is like saying that a Vendetta has a "cobbled together" look, or that a Vulture gunship is just a "simple conversion". Have you ever bought a Type 2 Wave Serpent? It's 3 extra damn parts.

Sheesh people, give it a rest. Stop being so cynical, it's making you look like the wrong kind of geek.

Brother-Captain

Words fail me.
    Armies Played (in order of acquisition)
    Crons, SW, SM, Tau, 1k Sons, IG, Nids, BA, DE

Those stating that this is an April Fools joke, and citing such tenuous evidence such as: forgeworld newsletters releases are always unpainted are grasping at such worthless straws. For instance, a quick scan shows that the Land Raider Proteus and Armoured Proteus were painted in their newsletter and we all know how fake that was.

The thing about april fools jokes are that they are, you know, usually jokes.

Why do folks in our Hobby fight so hard to be disappointed, and angry?

Veteran-Sergeant

In all fairness even IF it is a mildly dyslexic april fools, I'm sure with all the interest FW would very quickly roll them out regardless. Wonder if the lack of an unpainted example is GW's dislike of showing unpainted minis rubbing off, or being suggested (enforced)?

Veteran-Sergeant

I will put my money where my mouth is.

I will paypal $1 US to the first person who posts a picture of the Stormeagle KIT in it's Forgeworld bag with a closeup of the Forgeworld product label that was purchased on April First. Pictures of the painted model on display do not count. Forgeworld promised that this item would be available to purchase on April First so I want to see proof that someone purchased it on that day.

I know $1 isn't much but the crushing blow to my pride would be priceless so I'm willing to concede the fact that I was wrong and pay up if someone can prove to me that the Stormeagle we've all seen the picture of exists as a resin and plastic kit and was, in fact, available for purchase on April 1st 2012.
    Last edited by Mr. Furious; 03-31-2012 at 12:39 PM.

Librarian

I don´t think it´s an April Fools joke...

In Spain, our joking day is December 28th, and only in that day, not 3 days before...

Want to see this Stormeagle with the price in Euros...
    Lord Macragge and wielder of the Ultramar´s Gauntlets

Scout
    Here and There within Europe, currently Germany

OK guys, it might be an April fool. But if you browse through this galery you might see a few "concrete" proof :

[url]https://picasaweb.google.com/113133076298418698776/ForgeWorld2012?feat=email#5726365945542099426[/url]

There is even its profile for 225 points..

You realise you're verging on the insane, right? Also there are pictures of the unpainted resin version, and the foam and plastic mock up in the open day sticky thread.

Also philbrad2, a moderator and highly respected member of Warseer, mentioned seeing people with Storm Eagles they bought.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Furious View Post
    I will put my money where my mouth is.

I will paypal $1 US to the first person who posts a picture of the Stormeagle KIT in it's Forgeworld bag with a closeup of the Forgeworld product label that was purchased on April First. Pictures of the painted model on display do not count. Forgeworld promised that this item would be available to purchase on April First so I want to see proof that someone purchased it on that day.

I know $1 isn't much but the crushing blow to my pride would be priceless so I'm willing to concede the fact that I was wrong and pay up if someone can prove to me that the Stormeagle we've all seen the picture of exists as a resin and plastic kit and was, in fact, available for purchase on April 1st 2012.
    Here is an unapinted resin picture:

So to put it in perspective. Forge World, who have never done a meanspirited April Fools before, suddenly make a foame and plastic mock up of a Storm Raven conversion kit. They then proceed to make moulds out of it, producing resin parts. They construct several full scale Storm Eagles, post pictures on their website, tell everyone it isn't an April Fools and that they will be able to buy them on the Open Day. Yet apparently it still could be a joke.

Insane.

Edit: Ok that came out a bit more aggressive than I intended*. No offense intended Mr Furious, but let's just say it isn't an April Fool and leave it at that.

*Spending time reading the Empire book whinethread at Warseer has left me rather cranky. Trying to resist the urge to crack open some innocent mans chest and feast on his still beating heart.
    Last edited by eldargal; 04-01-2012 at 06:42 AM.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Veteran-Sergeant

And which FW purchase will you be putting that dollar towards?

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast