BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Brother-Captain

It's NOT a hoax! This just arrived in my in-box courtesy of the Forge World Newsletter:

Space Marine Storm Eagle Assault Gunship
    The legendary mobility of the Adeptus Astartes has won planet-spanning conflicts with a single strike; providing the precise application of deadly force at the point where it proved most decisive. A Chapter’s fleet of attack craft is the keystone that makes this possible, and it is the iconic Thunderhawks and Drop Pods that are at the forefront. Craft such as the Storm Eagle Assault Gunship follow close behind to lend their weapons to the devastating assault.

A formidable gunship, the Storm Eagle mounts fearsome firepower for a vehicle of its size and is capable of transporting twenty Space Marines directly into the thick of an assault. The exact provenance of the Storm Eagle is unknown, but it bears clear similarities to the Stormravens employed by the Blood Angels and Grey Knights. Certain sources place the principal manufacture of the Storm Eagle upon Tigrus and Anvilus IX, both primary-grade Forge Worlds that suffered catastrophic damage during the Horus Heresy.

In recent decades the number of Storm Eagles in active service has begun to increase, especially amongst those Chapters known to have favourable relations with the Adeptus Mechanicus. This has lead some observers to believe that production has been restored at an as yet unknown location.

Designed by Stuart Williamson, the Storm Eagle is a complete resin and plastic kit which is packed with some incredible design work, including a fully detailed interior. It will be available to purchase in limited numbers at the Forge World Open Day on Sunday 1st April, in advance of its scheduled release date, for £80.
    Either there is life in the universe more intelligent than us, or we are the most intelligent form of life in the universe. Either way, it's a worrying thought!

Quote Originally Posted by Brakkart View Post
    Forge World Open Day on Sunday 1st April
    Not a hoax? I'll believe it when i can buy one April 2nd.

In either case, seeing this model makes me very mad at GW for the fact that I own two stormravens, such potential lost.

well one way or another we'll find out what this thing is at the Forgeworld open day tomorrow... I'm looking at it and thinking you could put this together yourself with a coupe of GW plastic kits. Not sure whether a Storm Raven, Drop Pod and some missile launchers and others bitz are gonna cost you under £80 though

Forge World Newsflash

Hi there,
    We’re now only two days away from the Forge World Open Day on Sunday 1st April, and today we can officially announce that the Space Marine Storm Eagle Assault Gunship will be on sale there in limited numbers!

Space Marine StormeagleSpace Marine Storm Eagle Assault Gunship
    The legendary mobility of the Adeptus Astartes has won planet-spanning conflicts with a single strike; providing the precise application of deadly force at the point where it proved most decisive. A Chapter’s fleet of attack craft is the keystone that makes this possible, and it is the iconic Thunderhawks and Drop Pods that are at the forefront. Craft such as the Storm Eagle Assault Gunship follow close behind to lend their weapons to the devastating assault.

A formidable gunship, the Storm Eagle mounts fearsome firepower for a vehicle of its size and is capable of transporting twenty Space Marines directly into the thick of an assault. The exact provenance of the Storm Eagle is unknown, but it bears clear similarities to the Stormravens employed by the Blood Angels and Grey Knights. Certain sources place the principal manufacture of the Storm Eagle upon Tigrus and Anvilus IX, both primary-grade Forge Worlds that suffered catastrophic damage during the Horus Heresy.

In recent decades the number of Storm Eagles in active service has begun to increase, especially amongst those Chapters known to have favourable relations with the Adeptus Mechanicus. This has lead some observers to believe that production has been restored at an as yet unknown location.

Designed by Stuart Williamson, the Storm Eagle is a complete resin and plastic kit which is packed with some incredible design work, including a fully detailed interior. It will be available to purchase in limited numbers at the Forge World Open Day on Sunday 1st April, in advance of its scheduled release date, for £80.
    Borderline alcoholic and happy about it.
    Don't get your religion mixed with my Constitution. The mixture curdles.

omg - there's flashing banners on every page.

Now THAT is cool !

Brother-Sergeant

Gawd dammit. I almost would have ordered one of these, but nope! Hate limited releases that you can only get in person. Hate them so much.
    Last edited by Kaika87; 03-30-2012 at 11:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaika87 View Post
    Gawd dammit. I almost would have ordered one of these, but nope! Hate limited releases thst you can only get in person. Hate them so much.
    What ? How'd I miss that. That is SO STUPID !

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Kaika87 View Post
    Gawd dammit. I almost would have ordered one of these, but nope! Hate limited releases that you can only get in person. Hate them so much.
    According to the email, it sounds like it will be available in advance of its regular release, so we should see it for general purchase eventually.

Not sure what to think of the model. The wings look too stubby for the length/size of the model.
    Check me out on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/InquisitorialMandate or search for MWG Leland!

Quote Originally Posted by Aegis View Post
    According to the email, it sounds like it will be available in advance of its regular release, so we should see it for general purchase eventually.

Not sure what to think of the model. The wings look too stubby for the length/size of the model.
    I think the heavy nose makes the wings seem to small. Take off the bottom " chin" and I think it looks more airworthy.

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast