BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Everything I've seen has been more of a "if you post pics on our website, they should be our minis", which I totally understand.

The other nice thing is that FoW tends to be fan run, so players are more understanding. You don't find GW-only stores, where everything has to be GW. That attitude is actually part of why I've turned my back on GW - I was told by a store employee that I couldn't play my army there because my minis were older out-of-print marines. He said "if we can't sell it off the shelf, you can't use it". Eff that.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkencorgimaster View Post
    I am thinkg of giving FOW a whirl and have a quick first question. Is the FOW culture like GW in that tournaments expect players to use BF miniatures only? Or can one typically play with Plastic Soldier Company or other 15mm miniatures?

I actually think the Plastic Soldier stuff might look a little better and it seems quite a bit less pricey.
    This is really funny. That is the first or second question I asked at the local hobby store when I bought the Open Fire set. Plastic Soldiers are just sooo much cheaper and look just fine. Much like everyone else has said, as long as they are accurate looking models, then we will be fine using them on the table top.
    "I play Eldar, why? Does GW make any other good armies?"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12