BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Battle-Brother

I think GW US is just inept
    Especially with news of cancelling both 'Ard Boyz and Throne of Skulls

In the US what they are doing is called false advertising, and is, in fact, illegal. You can demand they give you the prices that were in white dwarf.

Scout

Pfff. Ard boyz was a great marketing scheme. I've seen a number of people buy models to get up to 2500 for 40k, or 3000 for Fantasy. They knew it was a tournament that they'd only play in once a year, but it still seemed worth it to pick up a couple boxes to play at that level.

Battle-Brother

Ok, but what prices are long exactly?

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral Dragon View Post
    In the US what they are doing is called false advertising, and is, in fact, illegal. You can demand they give you the prices that were in white dwarf.
    Not true, prices advertised are invitations for trade and can be different at checkout, Now selling a product A as a green shoe, going home and getting a red hat, thats false advertising.
    For the Greater good.

wait someone still reads white dwarf

Chaplain

The prices for the new style plastic LOTR boxes were incorrect in the most recent edition of White Dwarf.

The LOTR plastics have been changed from 24 in a box to 12 in a box, and the new price essentially equates to an almost 30% price increase.

However the prices listed in WD were not the same as online, so I suspect it's more of the same.

There have also been some problems with these new boxes, as they are identical to the old ones, except that they should now say "contains 12 plastic figures", but some of them in fact say "contains 24 plastic figures" when they do in fact only contain 12.

This has meant that a lot of them have had to be sent back.

As far as I know nothing else has been affected, I believe it was only the LOTR stuff in the last White Dwarf, I haven't bought today's one so it will be interesting to see if there's any mistakes in there.

Forge World do this as well, some of there emails have more than one price from time to time, bit of a shambles really.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12