BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Grey Knight costume

A friend sent this to me this morning. I haven't decided if it's completely authentic or not, but it looks pretty real.

Veteran-Sergeant

You know how you can tell its real? The conspicuous absence of women anywhere near the person wearing it.

Three posibilities:

A) It's fake
    B) that dude has really long arms and legs
    C) he's got inserts in the legs and arms
    "But I tell you, we were gods once, and we shall be gods again". - In defense of the future: a Logical Discourse.

Librarian

I'm Jealous, and want one now!

Brother-Captain

this is in General too. And Gendo, the breastplate isn't resting on his shoulders and the arm holes are hidden by the pauldrons. Also, hug your kid before we explode.

Chapter-Master

Yes, it appears to be anatomically correct. The bulk just makes it difficult to tell where his joints are precisely.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Well. That's impressive...

I wonder how much that thing weights. Even if it's just plastic, that's gotta add up...

Shas'o

It looks fake to me. The shadows don't look right and where the feet meet the ground doesn't look right.

Also taking it into photoshop it looks like all around the grey knight has been "repaired". He did a nice job putting the face in and hiding the edges with shadow though, but when you look at the shadow that his head cast is where it really falls apart.
    Last edited by JxKxR; 03-30-2012 at 02:20 PM.
    When you do something right people wont be sure that you've done anything at all.

Scout

There is only one way to counter that - who wants to dress like a demon? a bit nurgle pus here, a demonette claw there... Or go classy: chaos spawn! Gain a lot of weight and limps with a sexy insect head to boot! All the cool folks are doing it!

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by JxKxR View Post
    It looks fake to me. The shadows don't look right and where the feet meet the ground doesn't look right.
    No, the angle of the shadow off the head is correct. Check the angle of the shadow from the corner of the right pauldron onto his forearm, or from the storm bolter onto the robes. They're all the same. The "shadows" you point out in your zoomed picture seem to just be color variations on the armor. The armor isn't a uniform grey, and it just happens to be a bit darker which looks kinda like shadows but isn't.

Besides, this isn't the only picture of his stuff:

Edit:
    Last edited by DarkLink; 03-30-2012 at 03:51 PM.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast