BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: chapter creator

Veteran-Sergeant

i love the idea of the emperors hounds! any othar ideas???

Quote Originally Posted by Hive777 View Post
    I'm still pretty new to 40K, didn't know that Daemon Hunters already had a book of their own (didn't recall seeing them in the 5th edition rules--are they from a prior edition?).

I also didn't know the US Marines were called Devil Dogs, but that is a pretty cool nickname as well.

Another way to go might be to have them named for some legendary leader, like the first Chapter Master. I'm thinking of "Rico's Roughnecks" from the Starship Troopers movie. They could be "(so-and-so)'s Raiders" or "(so-and-so)'s Guards" or something like that.
    They are called Grey Knights. I highly suggest you take a look at their codex, you may find it more to your liking, although Grey Knights frown upon taking trophies. There are still individuals who do so.

Chaplain

I think alot of the names suggested fit more with the Imperial guard- they have more of a rough and ready' feel.

For marines think Knights and heraldry, Biblical names, Romans and High Culture.

For instance when naming a marine regiment after a hero- The Emperors Children, The Sons of Orar, The Sons of Guilliman, Praetors of Orpheus, The Sons of Gideon, Venerators of Osiron all exist.

So The Saints of Nemesis could be quite cool, and suggests that 'Nemesis' is the founding hero. Maybe the first batch of marines whilst training before they were named were attacked by daemons and the chapter was saved by a force led by Brother-Captain Marcus Nemesis.

He'stans heroes sounds like it could be a nickname for a company of marines, but not formally a whole chapter. Same goes for ork hunters.

Alternatively- The Paladins of Nemuruo, The Cleansers (of Camenzuli) as an optional extra, Jade Clerics, The Redeemers of the Slain (who maybe believe that a damned soul is saved if slain by a hero of the Emperor- themselves, or maybe that by keeping a piece of the defeated enemy on them that it saves them because when the marine dies, he can present the souls of those he has killed for saving), The Saints Repentant, , Sanctifiers could all be options.

Veteran-Sergeant

tah guys! i think i will go for the saints of nemesis!!!

Awesome, glad you found one you really like!

We'll be looking forward to the pics of your squads once you get them done!

Veteran-Sergeant

Default a concept squad

this is a squad online that looks like mine.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12