BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Quote Originally Posted by Houghten View Post
    No, it's not new. The Spartan was the first variant that could carry Terminators.

Mind you, Forge World have up-gunned it considerably.
    Correct, the original Spartan was a conversion in White Dwarf that doubled the transport capacity.

IIRC the fluff was the first Spartans were modification made for to assault a city where the route was blocked by plasma fires.

I wonder if FW is going to do a Sabre, a cannon armed Rhino variant, which was the companion article to the Spartan.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post
    Slate tile basing. You can buy the tiles at any home improvement store's flooring department. Get a masonry cutting bit for your dremel then cut out a flying base sized oval for your planes.

Back before flying bases were released by GW, forgeworld sent all my nightwings with a regular skimmer base (har har har) and so I made flyer bases for them out of the 4"x4" slate tiles with brass rod for the altitude. The heavy base, combined with the brass rod that let the flyer flex if someone brushed by it makes it less prone to tipping over.

Of course they are apoc only fliers that can't be assaulted - for the SE, you'll need a proper GW flyer base, but you could always put the heavy slate overlay on it to give the base some weight to help with tipping.
    My friend got one of those skimmer bases with his Tau Tigershark. I was kinda hoping to get one with my Thunderhawk, but I didn't even get the new flying base

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Gir View Post
    My friend got one of those skimmer bases with his Tau Tigershark. I was kinda hoping to get one with my Thunderhawk, but I didn't even get the new flying base
    I don't think the Thunderhawk would work on a "new" flying base.

My vampire didn't - and I didn't take any chances with it. Thats a 12"x12" tile with extra "bits" on the corners. I've stability tested it and found it not wanting. (It also completely breaks down. The rod unscrews from the base and is attached to the vamp with a giant magnet on the inside of the roof piece. Yes I carved a 1" diameter hole in the bottom of it)

Librarian

I know it wouldn't work, I just wanted a spare base :P

My Thunderhawk is on a 10mm steal tube welded to a 8x8 1mm steal plate. Extremely light, and has no stability issues at all.

I also put a 10mm hole through my thunderhawk and a big-*** magnet in the top of it :P

Here's a link to a video of the 2012 Forgeworld Open Day Q&A session.

[URL="http://www.youtube.com/user/Remembrancer100?feature=watch"]http://www.youtube.com/user/Remembrancer100?feature=watch[/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by Flammenwerfer13 View Post
    am I only one enthralled by those marines?
    Star Wars Galaxies - Rest in Peace - is Benjam Frail, NGE Player
    (former) fan of Supreme Commander, Dungeon Siege and Gas Powered Games

I confess myself severely disappointed. Nothing for the Tau... why am I surprised?

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Schlitzaf View Post
    am I only one enthralled by those marines?
    They came out last year.

[url]http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Warhammer-40000/Space_Marines/Space_Marine-Infantry-Accessories/SPACE-MARINE-BOARDING-ASSAULT-UPGRADE-SET.html[/url]

BTW< what the heck is a graviton gun?

Chapter-Master

small blast, forces a strength test or take a wound and then becomes difficult terrain until the players next shooting phase. kinda fun
    Always thinking 2 projects ahead of anything I've yet to finish
    http://instinctuimperator.blogspot.co.uk/

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678