BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Brother-Sergeant

Default Noxx's Blood Angels log

As an extension of this [URL="http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?t=6224"]thread[/URL] I decided I'd like to share with you some of the other Blood Angels stuff I've been working on since xmas, and later some of the stuff I've cobbled together since the new kits have been released. They're all kinda WIP in that they all need some basic tidying up. If I get some good suggestions of how to finish them off, I'll go back and do them Basing is still an issue, haven't decided what environment I'm going to base them for at all yet.

First off, the obligatory Sanguinary Priest:

Next up my Chaplain, with scratchbuilt crozius and the skull head from the fantasy Chaos Warrior sprue:

Finally for now, this guy's going to be a Captain although I'll likely almost never use him, Reclusiarch's got to be my favourite non-named HQ in the new 'dex. Tabard definitely needs re-doing, and that skull needs a wash.

*image has vanished from my picasa - will take a new shot at some point*

Thanks for reading! Comments dearly welcome - I'm a bit less comfortable with the look & feel of these than I am with the golden boys so even basic stuff would be a big help.
    Last edited by Noxx; 05-06-2010 at 06:46 AM. Reason: fixed images

Battle-Brother

I think some shading on the red would make a lot of difference, it's seems a little flat at the moment. And a lighter shade of green to highlight the eye lenses. Apart from that, looking pretty good. I like the chaplain conversion.

ElTanko

Brother-Sergeant

Default Squads!

Thought I'd get some squads up, if for no other reason than to show I can take photos of more than 1 model at a time! Still all unbased, as I'm making a new table with a friend in the summer & I want the bases to match.

These assault marines were done & dusted before the new kits were released, so they don't have any of the shiny bits Kinda bland as a result. Thinking about adding the retro yellow/black stripe effect to the chainswords after seeing Duke's assault marines. Got another squad on the way that does have some new bits in, though, so happy days

These are my flesh tearers, who I'm using in my bangles as vanguard veterans. I dunno, I thought it was a neat idea. Kinda WIP, haven't totally decided on a highlight colour for the legs/arms yet, and need to add special effects to the weapons, fiddle around with the purity seals, yadda yadda

Finally, the first half of a soon-to-be-finished tactical squad that takes advantage of the spare shoulder pads & bolters from my new kits. Of the lot, these guys are probably the most finished. Yay!

Thoughts?

*EDIT* Hard drive crash + picasa sync function = all these photos have gone. I'll take some new ones soon.
    Last edited by Noxx; 05-26-2010 at 06:18 AM.

Chaplain

The only thing I would suggest would be to add a wash of gryphonne sepia to the skin and I agree with the idea above with regards to washing the red, levithian purple works quite well for red armour.

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by UltramarineFan View Post
    levithian purple works quite well for red armour.
    Cool, thanks for the tip. I'm buying paints on monday, I'll give that a whirl.

Brother-Sergeant

Default Seth

Got more pics incoming soon, been seriously bogged down with uni work but it'll all be finished by friday... woohoo!

This is my basically-finished Seth, using largely the same scheme as the catalogue image on gw.com

Hope you guys like it!

Not sure why my old pictures are 404'ing now, I'll update with the new urls when i have another spare 5 minutes...

Occuli Imperator

For some reason Seth is the only pic I can see... As far as his paint job the highlighting on the black looks good and clean. The red looks dirty a bit, if that is what you were going for then it is perfect. If it isn't then you could look at touching up the ink pool on his elbow pad a bit with red. Keep up the great work, it is always great to see another Blood Angels army.

Duke
    Red text= mod voice
    Black text= regular voice

Follow my blog! Www.dukesinferno.blogspot.com

Brother-Sergeant

Hey Duke, yeah dirty is what I was going for. I'm kind of new to washes, so it's come out that way more by accident than anything, but I'm happy with it. Definitely a character that likes to get "in amongst it".

All the other pictures are broked! I'm gonna work on fixing them when I've got some free time, and do an update with some of the new stuff I've put together (finished sang guard, nice converted furioso librarian dread, some troops, etc).

Brother-Sergeant

Default Update: Converted Captain Tycho!

Hey guys,

had a ton of stuff in the works ready to be snapped and uploaded to this log, but I've been crazy busy with uni the last month. it's all over now, so expect more updates soon, and in the meantime i've got something special - my converted Captain Tycho (pictured)

I know he isn't meant to have a pfist, but I thought it communicated the idea of "dead man's hand" better than just... a hand. Naturally, he's pictured in front of a Horde fort from world of warcraft for absolutely no reason.

comments + criticism always welcome, hope you like him guys!

Brother-Sergeant

Default Plastic Lord of Death!

Hey guys, another small update here, didn't get much of a response for the last one but I'll keep plugging away full squads to come - got most of my current crop finished now - but here's something vaguely exciting, my all-plastic Mephiston:

As you can probably tell, he's based on the dark angels veteran robes, green stuff collar and hair, sword is two chaos warrior swords stuck together, backpack is from the death company sprue. I'm pretty happy with him as an alternative to the ancient Mephiston sculpt on offer from GW. The current paint job is a little bit rushed, I'll go back and tidy some of the details like the scroll on the LH shoulder and the chest highlight at a later date, just wanted to get him tablepainted for now.

Comments & Criticism deeply appreciated, on the paint job and the modelling! Thanks guys!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast