BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Brother-Sergeant

Default Kustom Battle Fortress...out of a Land Raider?

I'm feeling the need to build another Kustom Battle Fortress. If I build out a landraider it would be about the size of my Killtanks (bursta and blastas).
    Battlefortresses are usually built of Baneblades or Shadowswords.
    Question: Would you think it okay to have a taller, but slightly shorter fortress out of the humble land raider?

Yes , it would. Personally unless I had a landraider lying around I'd start with something cheaper- say a large toy tank, excavation machine or tractor.
    Then, assuming you want a landraider to be part of the design, just bolt it on the front.

|________________________/
    | |_gunz____| ............oooooooOOOOOO >bullitz|>
    |Tank/tractor toy | ________________
    |______________|/ \
    o o landraider orks go out this way ----> \
    OOOOOOOOO \_________________/
    Last edited by =Angel=; 04-02-2012 at 02:58 AM.

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by =Angel= View Post
    Yes , it would. Personally unless I had a landraider lying around I'd start with something cheaper- say a large toy tank, excavation machine or tractor.
    Then, assuming you want a landraider to be part of the design, just bolt it on the front.
    I have started something similar using a tamiya kit as a basis.

[url]http://minimusingofabear.wordpress.com/2011/07/22/battlewagon-wip/[/url]

Must really finish it...

Normally Tamiya kits, etc, will be a bit pricey (but not normally as bad as a GW kit), but if you base it off their old T-62 model, it can be done right cheap, as you can get that for dirt cheap.

I'm just working on these Battlefortress, based on Land Raider and Battlewagon.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_04691.JPG 
Views:	130 
Size:	40.8 KB 
ID:	1913   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012-01-25 23.23.58.jpg 
Views:	153 
Size:	89.9 KB 
ID:	1914  

Brother-Sergeant

I got a landraider on the cheap, and the cost is not really an issue.I had started work on the fighting platform, with the intention of building another battlewagon. It is sitting next to my killbursta (I decided it needed grot bomb ramps), when I realized it is almost as big as the kill tank, which has three structure points, same as a battle fortress.
    One thing my apoc army is light on is AA, and It seemed like a good idea to slap a couple Flakka Gunz on the fighting deck, and build out the front to accept a soopa kannon.

From the responce, I'm thinking I'd be better of using the LR as a wagon, not a fortress.