BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Default WD subscriptions

I used to have a WD subscription

I don't now

To those who still have one how are they at delivery times now? Is it still 4 days after launch as a minimum or is it much better these days

I feel the content of the magazine has improved and still buy all the issues, just cancelled it because I was fed up of not getting it till the week after. Do they deliver better now

As a side note, I enjoy the death world expansion and the civil war expansion. Want something civil war based for 40k....not that I know anyone who plays any of my armies
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Battle-Brother

As we are both in the UK I would imagine that it would get to you at the same time as it does for me,
    The last 5-6 mags have actully managed to get to my house on the release date
    It took several months (after the new only release info a week before thingy coming in ) for it to stabalise at a decent date but it does now seem to always turn up on time for me

Chapter-Master

I can't buy it in peace without them pushing the subscription,
    this month was the first they claimed it now arrives on time....
    still not early though like it used to be is it?

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Battle-Brother

Nah they canned the subs ariving early to stop "leaks"

Chapter-Master

I know, but there aren't that many advantages to the subscription anymore, the price saving is negligible, and it ties you in for 12 months...
    Back in the day you'd get a £20 gift voucher and a fair saving...

Mine have been arriving on the Saturday or Monday so far this year so better than it was.

My main concern lately has been the poor battle report content. Last month nothing, this month a late and short 1,000 point battle report of Nids vs Wolves. Some good painting pull outs though.

Chapter-Master

Ever since the December issue, every single month as been at my house on the Saturday it is released. They have ditched the ridiculous 'post it out on release day' since it lead to people cancelling subscriptions, rather than an increase of in-store sales. Not they officially announced this of course. So if you are happy with the content, I'd get one again as delivery times seem back to normal.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Battle-Brother

Dont have to take it out as an entire year - DD it then you are only committed to 3 month blocks I think

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Kiarr View Post
    Dont have to take it out as an entire year - DD it then you are only committed to 3 month blocks I think
    But what I meant was that there used to be real incentives to subscribe, now it's all a bit meh

Yep, my brothers and I used to have a subscrition each (that is seven subscriptions to put it in perspective) now we share the one and sometimes buy extra issues.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast