BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quite a few SW and Tyranid models were released, some much needed (TWC and Lords as well as the big Bugs). Its widely anticipated that the summer will be the release of 6th edition, which is supposed to include Dark Angels vs Chaos Marines (confimed to me by GW staffers but take that as how you wish).

That means 2 new codices as both need makeovers pretty bad, probably new units if Necrons/Gk/DE are the model for comparison, and then Necron 2nd wave at some point if they want to keep all the Necron players they just picked up happy.

Sounds like a pretty good 40k year to me.

Brother-Sergeant

I agree with you Beast. But I think that he said that as more of a "cover your arse" type thing , or they don't tell their staff squat.

Well to be fair WFB needs the attention more than 40k, and as others have noted the year is far from over. If the rumours are accurate we will be seeing 6th edition released, then possibly a flyers supplement. Not to mention Necron wave in May and CSM later in the year. Rumoured.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

WFB got fairly few other releases when the new edition first came out (IIRC two and a half second waves and Beastmen in the surrounding 12 months up to Orcs and Goblins).

If you were to assume speculatively for example:

Jan: VC
    Feb: LotR
    March: Tyrandis/Wolves double second wave
    April: Empire
    May: Necrons 2nd wave
    June: Fantasy
    July: 6th Edition
    August: Chaos/Fantasy
    September: 6th box set
    October: Fantasy/Chaos
    November/December: Hobbit

That would be 5 out of 12 months with 40K and 4 out of 12 as fantasy

For me everything will hinge on whether we get a Chaos dex this year and whether it meets at least half of the unrealistic expectations heaped upon it.

Chapter-Master

I'll be happy as long as the necron second wave comes out this year, preferably within the next 2 months.
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Veteran-Sergeant
    Leicester, United Kingdom, United Kingdom

I am sure once 6th is out all the fantasy players will be moaning that there is to much 40k and not enough of their game.

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by DrLove42 View Post
    OR "Has GW forgotten 40K"
    Here - you gave the answer yourself:

Its now April. We know Aprils release. (I know thats only 33% through the year so far)
    And ist the very start of april - the 2nd to be exact.

So my original post stands. Has GW so far failed in its self-billed year of 40K?
    I think you come to early with that question - wait until summer greets autum.
    Peace through superior Firepower!

Chapter-Master

Maybe I should have qualified this with "A dissappointment so far"

Firstly we knwo nothing else will come out in April. We now how GW release stuff. Up on advance order last saturday of the month, released the week after. So we know April is Empire and Paints and nothing else.

Additionally everyone saying "we'll get this soon. And then this will probably come out" obviously didn't read my first post properly. It boils down to complaining about the new GW news release system. How can we ge excited or look forward to stuff when we only get 48 hours notice to order it to recieve it on release?

And on a more personal point of view i find it hard to get enthused by the rumours at all;

6th edition? Not the leaked book (which was brilliant in my eyes)
    CSM? Spiky Power armour
    DA? Power Armour
    Boxed set? Loyalists vs Chaos aka Black Power Armour vs Green Power Armour
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by DrLove42 View Post
    Maybe I should have qualified this with "A dissappointment so far"

Firstly we knwo nothing else will come out in April. We now how GW release stuff. Up on advance order last saturday of the month, released the week after. So we know April is Empire and Paints and nothing else.

Additionally everyone saying "we'll get this soon. And then this will probably come out" obviously didn't read my first post properly. It boils down to complaining about the new GW news release system. How can we ge excited or look forward to stuff when we only get 48 hours notice to order it to recieve it on release?

And on a more personal point of view i find it hard to get enthused by the rumours at all;

6th edition? Not the leaked book (which was brilliant in my eyes)
    CSM? Spiky Power armour
    DA? Power Armour
    Boxed set? Loyalists vs Chaos aka Black Power Armour vs Green Power Armour
    I'm sorry but I don't see how the news system connects to the year of 40k being a disappointment. Are you saying the year is a disappointment because there might not be any 40k releases coming?
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Chapter-Master

LOL not quite, but to a certain extent

People are saying "the first part of the year has been crap, but don't worry cos we'll be getting new stuff soon!"

We haven't had a 40k book in 6 months. Who knows when we'll actually get something. Can people agree that last year was a bit of a wipe for 40k. We got 2 armies and one or 2 second waves. And a lot of Fantasy.

People say "6th ed is coming! That'll improve the year". A new rulebook is a force unto itself. We know we'll get new codexes at some point this year. Thats a known. However we DON'T know about the rulebook. All we have is rumours. And placing faith in the year being redeemed by a book that GW haven't confirmed we'll even get is not very convincing.
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast