BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

I think the question is a fair one. If GW is saying "this is the year" of 40k, yet first quarter only shows 1 release of 40k kits and those were only long overdue , I fail to see how the hype = reality. We also know the tail end of the year is likely to be dominated by Hobbit releases.

However, April supposedly sees release of additional waterslide transfers (decals) for additional SM chapters. That may be a bit of harbinger of things to come. Maybe it indeed is more like "Summer and Autumn of 40k".

Or maybe we got the announcement wrong and its "the LAST year of 40k".
    If this is the way mankind ends up, I'm rooting for the Orks.

Quote Originally Posted by Denzark View Post
    B
    Anyway if you let it all be known 6 months in advance then your competitors, blood sucking leaches like CHS, can get ahead of the drag curve and force the pace of release creating models you may not have wanted to release until 2nd wave.

Too many people having their cake and eating it has led us to this point.
    The reason GW is not announcing releases has little to do with CHS. In fact the uncertainty created by unknown release schedules and the fact units are in the dex adds to the potential market for CHS etc. If you know the model you're waiting for releases in June, then you know you can wait for it. If you've no idea who releases what when, then you're going to buy from whoever currently has a release. GW feeds the "blood sucking leaches" with the secrecy around releases.

It looks to me that what they are doing is borrowing the Apple model of not announcing releases earlier than needed.It's now widely believed in many industries that advertising your future releases too far in advance drags down today's sales.
    If this is the way mankind ends up, I'm rooting for the Orks.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by inquisitorsog View Post
    I think the question is a fair one. If GW is saying "this is the year" of 40k, yet first quarter only shows 1 release of 40k kits and those were only long overdue , I fail to see how the hype = reality. We also know the tail end of the year is likely to be dominated by Hobbit releases.

However, April supposedly sees release of additional waterslide transfers (decals) for additional SM chapters. That may be a bit of harbinger of things to come. Maybe it indeed is more like "Summer and Autumn of 40k".

Or maybe we got the announcement wrong and its "the LAST year of 40k".
    And again I come back to the point of who, when GW said 'the year of 40K' (btw, could someone quote where and when they said that for me) actually expected an entire year of 40K. Of the three full months we have had so far, one of them had the 40K anniversary celebrations (disappointing thought they were) and the other had 2nd waves for 2 different armies. That seems like a reasonable effort to me.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234