BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Battle-Brother

I'm definitely fine with the look of the Spriggan! Thanks for the help again!

Quote Originally Posted by Charistoph View Post
    I think that Cryx "worm thing" (Cankerworm) qualifies as a Light Jack, though.

Cryx's Jacks do tend to take a horror theme to them, making them less steam punkish, so if that works for you, by all means.

Also don't forget check out the Mercenaries and Minions, as they can be fielded as armies of their own as well, and have some different styles.
    I don't think the Cankerworm is what he was reffering to when he wrote "some sort of giant skull wurm thing" rather more likely he meant the Wraith Engine, which is pretty lackluster in terms of on the table preformance.

Banned

I don't see a worm in any of the Battle Engines. The Cryx BE looks like a giant Jack ghost, big on top and disappearing on the bottom, while the Cankerworm looks like an actual snake/worm.

Battle-Brother

sorry about confusion, definitely meant the cankerworm. I didn't really see anything else wormlike on my first look through the store, so I thought that was an adequate description.

Quote Originally Posted by khsrio621 View Post
    sorry about confusion, definitely meant the cankerworm. I didn't really see anything else wormlike on my first look through the store, so I thought that was an adequate description.
    No worries, they both look like worms to me, I just keyed in on the word giant and misinterptreted it.

The Cankerworm is a medium sized model, if memory serves it's roughtly about the size of a Special Character in Terminator Armour.

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by under View Post
    No worries, they both look like worms to me, I just keyed in on the word giant and misinterptreted it.

The Cankerworm is a medium sized model, if memory serves it's roughtly about the size of a Special Character in Terminator Armour.
    Weird, the picture makes it look much larger.

If you haven't finalized your decision, here are two things to consider:

Retribution's Myrmidons have a very different look to them than the warjacks of other factions. Also, almost all Retribution armies use only one warjack, thanks to the awesomeness of their infantry.

The Dwarf Mercenaries (Searforge) also have warjacks with a very distinct aesthetic--specifically the Basher and their iconic light gun-jacks.

Just a couple of other options for you to consider.

Quote Originally Posted by Bean View Post
    If you haven't finalized your decision, here are two things to consider:

Retribution's Myrmidons have a very different look to them than the warjacks of other factions. Also, almost all Retribution armies use only one warjack, thanks to the awesomeness of their infantry.

The Dwarf Mercenaries (Searforge) also have warjacks with a very distinct aesthetic--specifically the Basher and their iconic light gun-jacks.

Just a couple of other options for you to consider.
    RoS frequently use more then 1 'jack in competative lists, their aesthetic is different though.

As to running Searforge . . . the 40k analogy would be like picking Codex: Chaos Deamon then running all Nurgle all the time with the added restriction of never fielding Epididimus. Searforge is a sub-group of a non-faction.

Quote Originally Posted by under View Post
    RoS frequently use more then 1 'jack in competative lists, their aesthetic is different though.
    Rahn typically does. The others sometimes do, but the vast majority of designed-for-competition Retribution lists I've seen have only included one 'jack--usually a single heavy.

As to running Searforge . . . the 40k analogy would be like picking Codex: Chaos Deamon then running all Nurgle all the time with the added restriction of never fielding Epididimus. Searforge is a sub-group of a non-faction.
    And yet there are people who play Searforge--go figure. And, of course, you can play Gorten and his gunbunnies as a Highborn covenant list, too.

It's a legitimate suggestion for someone looking for a different aesthetic.

I have to agree with bean. Searforge is limited, but more than playable in the right hands.
    The dwarves are better in fourstar and highborn lists though, even if you want mostly dwarf stuff, models like gorman and aiyanna can add an absurd amount of utility for a small points investment. I think durgen in particular is very underplayed right now.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast