BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

View Poll Results: Sell the rocket girls?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Keep the girls

31 77.50%
  • Sell the girls

9 22.50%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default am I being greedy? (or should i let go of the rocket girls)

Hi all,a while back i bought an army of catachans that included 4 female grenade launchers.
    Anyone who's been to ebay knows they fetch a pretty good sum for a single model,and i have about 1400 pts of army without tanks.I dont really see the point of grenade launchers in this current form,but i also am greedy and covet anything of percieved value.
    Should I sell them to help with the cost of my tanks? or should i keep them? (if so whats the best way to use them in special squads or distributed among the troops?) thanks for your help.

how much do they net? cause my limited ebay vodoo only returned a few for less than 15$ each.

I personally wouldnt part with a spezial model like that for just one leman russ (if you sell all 4).

I like grenade launchers either in platton commands (poor mans spezial weapon squad) or as spezial weapon for the platton squads. 5pts isnt big and it isnt that important if you hit or not so bs3 isnt so bad. use frag and you have a little damage up to 24" for only a little cost.

special weapon squads with them are nice as well. if you have the place to maneuvre you can use them to hang out on your flanks and just annoy the oponent.

Veteran-Sergeant

I've got two of them in my Catachan army. No, they're not super-useful, but it's a very rare model and a very rare female model at that. I'd much rather have a few interesting, eye-catching elements than... well, the same tank everyone else has.

But I am odd that way...
    Exitus Acta Probat
    http://thegrimcheapness.blogspot.com/

Chaplain

But they're so cool!

Veteran-Sergeant

Ah, the purity of the hobby.

Keep them. If you are prepared to sell, hold on to them and watch their value increase - once GW cease to produce any metal miniatures you will see quite a price rise. A nicely collectable item, although not classic so worth holding onto.

I often look at the huge amount of investment that has gone into my collection of oop models and wish I had a cheaper hobby, like crack.

In the mean time, grenades are useful because they wound most troops on a 2+ at 24 inches. The ap 4 isn't such a significant down side if you are shooting at enemies in cover. str 6 on mass can cause rhinos headaches. I use them in one cheap command squad and in one veteran squad - unlike melta and plasma weapon armed squads they seem to have a higher life expectancy and get a larger number of shots off per game.
    Last edited by ggg; 09-21-2009 at 03:26 AM.

Chaplain

Why don't you keep one for your army and sell the other three?

Brother-Sergeant

They're rare? I found one at a GW store on the rack....bought it straight away

I bought mine over 10 years ago, about 5 years before I started playing.

It's just the Catachan Grenade Launcher model. I have several of them in my army. By the by, your title is misleading, I thought you were refering to Rocket Girl, not the Catachan Grenade Launcher model. Here I was getting excited and trying to figure out how to convince you to part with them.

Librarian

I say keep em. I myself have one, saw one the shelf of my local GW store last year and bought it swiftly.

Now she, whom I named Corporal Vasquez, rolls with Iron Hand in my Catachan company command squad.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast