BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by gwensdad View Post
    I'd bet a regular guardsmen is more capable of survival than some Dark Heresy parties that form.
    Dark Heresy does follow the fine tradition of 'the GM is trying to kill you as quickly as possible' of ancient D&D.

Brother-Captain

This looks AWESOME! Now I just have to convince my friends to play it...
    There is one direction: FORWARD!

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by bfmusashi View Post
    Dark Heresy does follow the fine tradition of 'the GM is trying to kill you as quickly as possible' of ancient D&D.
    Deathwatch makes it even easier by leading you to believe you're invincible. A friend of mine ran the intro campaign for our gaming group - at the end, one of five Marines was dead, two had non-functional power armour, and one was lacking most of his face.
    We Will Strike With The Arms Of Gods
    And Leave Nothing In Our Wake

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by The AKH View Post
    Deathwatch makes it even easier by leading you to believe you're invincible. A friend of mine ran the intro campaign for our gaming group - at the end, one of five Marines was dead, two had non-functional power armour, and one was lacking most of his face.
    Wow! Clearly, Marines are tough, but they're not gods. I expect Guardsman characters will have to fight more with brains than brawn.

I find DH to be infinitely more playable with the correct tools. [url]http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/dhroller.html[/url] I hope that "Only War" gets a similar treatment.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Altimit01 View Post
    I find DH to be infinitely more playable with the correct tools. [url]http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/dhroller.html[/url] I hope that "Only War" gets a similar treatment.
    That's an incredibly handy tool. Thank you.

Battle-Brother

Lots of people play Call of Cthulhu after all.
    This had me laughing for a bit, my friends cringed at every encounter but always came back for more regardless of character death.

Back on topic: This looks cool, is there going to be more emphasis on squad coordination than Deathwatch has? Does anyone know if the classes will have benefits they can extend or apply to other members in the party?

I also look forward to another book of bad guys to look through too.
    Corny faith and musty sorcery are no match for a good Gauss blaster.

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by The AKH View Post
    I had to duck out halfway through to work, but I think ours ended with at least 2 dead, including the marine that suicide grenade bombed the broodlord

This is definitely going to be the first quickstart grabbed from the FreeRPG Day kit this year (assuming my well-informed suspicions are correct. Be interesting to see if they'll have the Tanith in the core book, and how they'll handle commissars (player class? Adversary?)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12