BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default you know what really grinds my gears

Nemesor zahndrek, the necron overlord has a special rule that lets you deepstrike during your opponents turn, with only units that are afforded the special rule of deepstrike, after your opponent deep striked during their turn, called phased reinforcements. Here is what grinds my gears. The only deepstriking units are deathmarks and flayed ones, plus night scythes. But in his fluff it states that he doesnt use deathmarks, and flayed ones are a virus. So, why would he have a special rule if the units that could use it, he in fact would never use. Booooooooooooo!

Dude... Jump infantry have deep strike as well; as do jetbikes and fast skimmers in the codex, not to mention the monolith.

so, the deep striking units in the codex are:

Deathmarks
    Flayed ones
    Catacomb Command Barges
    Night/Doom scythes
    Monoliths
    Destroyers
    Destroyer Lords
    Wraiths
    Preatorians
    Tomb Blades
    Obryon
    Veil teks
    Tomb Stalkers (IA 2 MC)

That's quite a bit, dude. I for one use phased reinforcments in my wraithwing

I didnt know this. Thankyou

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by IronfrontAlex View Post
    Dude... Jump infantry have deep strike as well; as do jetbikes and fast skimmers in the codex, not to mention the monolith.

so, the deep striking units in the codex are:

Deathmarks
    Flayed ones
    Catacomb Command Barges
    Night/Doom scythes
    Monoliths
    Destroyers
    Destroyer Lords
    Wraiths
    Preatorians
    Tomb Blades
    Obryon
    Veil teks
    Tomb Stalkers (IA 2 MC)

That's quite a bit, dude. I for one use phased reinforcments in my wraithwing
    Your answer effectively rolled a 6 to wound.
    "Technically correct is the best kind of correct."
    WHFB: Dwarf - TK - Empire - Goblin 40k: SW - IG - Ork

Not finding the droids I'm looking for!
    Borderline alcoholic and happy about it.
    Don't get your religion mixed with my Constitution. The mixture curdles.

Veteran-Sergeant

As stated above, there are a lot of units that benefit. This makes the phased rule fantastic! I have seen many an army taken aback by how hard this can hit you when off guard. Its even better when combined with a deployment shennanigan c'tan... deploying everything... your opponent then reserves something... hehe, then you take D3 units off the table and phase them with the ctan ready to emerge when the reserves arrive. Awesome.

http://.skared.podbean.com Twitter: @Skari2 Youtube Channel: Skared Cast

Quote Originally Posted by Skari View Post
    As stated above, there are a lot of units that benefit. This makes the phased rule fantastic! I have seen many an army taken aback by how hard this can hit you when off guard. Its even better when combined with a deployment shennanigan c'tan... deploying everything... your opponent then reserves something... hehe, then you take D3 units off the table and phase them with the ctan ready to emerge when the reserves arrive. Awesome.
    haha agreed!

I've played games where my ONLY unit on the field is nemsor looking lonley, only to have thigns come in immediatley.

oh god... deamon players... i just realized....