BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by inquisitorsog View Post
    Please no.
    Are you just saying "Abnett" because he's got the biggest rep in BL? His best stories aren't pure mil-sci-fi. His worst stories are. Double Eagle and the Ultramarine movie so put me off that him writing ANYTHING to do with the main storyline would have me approaching it with dread.

Meanwhile, you'd be taking him away from working on the kinds of stories that he does do well.
    Maybe in novel form, but the man has a ton of background writing solid books chock full of crazy. While the Emperor is no Beta Ray Bill or Death's Head it's not outside his comfort zone.

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by bfmusashi View Post
    I don't know. The old WD story was pretty on top of it so you'd have to come up with side plots to keep it interesting. Maybe what all Rogal Dorn was getting up to before he runs into the Emperor?
    Or they could write the battle between Horus and the Emperor as a sort of allegory... framed as a conversation between the two in a mysteriously vacant Imperial Palace... actually taking place in an instant inside the Emperor's head.
    We Will Strike With The Arms Of Gods
    And Leave Nothing In Our Wake

Brother-Captain

I'd be down with that, especially if it was done post-Evangelion Gainax style. I can't think of anyone who could write that though

tl;dr all posts

so, op was not on 4/1. did everyone else here read the series? Cuz the fight is covered in one of the books either by directly narrating it, or through a vision witnessed by someone else. I really wish i could remember the book right now (guess I have to read them all again) to support my arg

Quote Originally Posted by Jmaximum View Post
    tl;dr all posts

so, op was not on 4/1. did everyone else here read the series? Cuz the fight is covered in one of the books either by directly narrating it, or through a vision witnessed by someone else. I really wish i could remember the book right now (guess I have to read them all again) to support my arg
    In Know No Fear, Oll Person watches the fight unfold.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12