BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Battle-Brother

For me it would be two things.

1. I would not have listened to my wife when she said she would play Lord of the Rings with me and went with 40K about 8 years ago.

2. When I sold my magic cards to a local store for around $300 in store credit I would have gone with 40K instead of fantasy. I went fantasy because a friend had gotten my son some dwarfs but shortly after that he switched gears and went all with 40k.

Other then I now have a bunch of unassembled dwarfs and some never used LotR guys I can't say I'm terribly unhappy with the decisions made at the time but like they say hindsight is 20/20.

Occuli Imperator

Learned to paint

Brother-Sergeant

Hmm... I think maybe I would have started sooner. Seeing how I *just* got into 40k over the last month

Brother-Sergeant

I would have played more games with my CSM using the 3.5 ed. codex.

Slightly unrelated, I would have also dropped a line to Bioware encouraging them to put some effort into the ME3 ending.

Veteran-Sergeant

I wouldn't have sold my IG Praetorians. Man, I'm still kicking myself for that one.
    "Technically correct is the best kind of correct."
    WHFB: Dwarf - TK - Empire - Goblin 40k: SW - IG - Ork

In 1997, my 8,000 (In second edition terms, including 1,100 points for a Titan) Eldar army was thrown out of my car and smashed in the mud and crack vials at the bottom of a culvert in Gladstone Missouri because it was a dark, rainy night and my car hit a massive spare tire that dropped off of one of those giant SUV's. Seriously, the open box it was all rather haphazardly sitting in tore the sun roof right off even though it was closed. If I could go back, I would warn myself to put it in the damn trunk. Everything, including the titan was very nicely painted and included a lot of really rare stuff like the first old metal support weapon platforms, awesome kit-bashed Harlequin Solitaire and Boneseer (With rules from the Citadel Journal) three Armorcast Falcons, three armorcast Wave Serpents and an armocast Revenant scout titan. I loved that army more than any other I've ever collected. If I still owned it, I surely would have added another 8,000 points to it by now. Learn from my example, transport your army in your trunk or at least not in an open-topped box!!!

let's see.. given the fact that the game itself has some ridiculous rules that I can only guess were made by people on drugs, release schedule that seems to be a random hat draw, the local scene peppered by people who think they're smart (and come off as obnoxious punks), I probably would have bought far fewer models, made my own little collection, and wrote my own rules.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12