BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Space Wolves FoC question

My question is if i take a squad of wolfguard can i bring a land raider as their dedicated transport even if i break them up to serve as squad sergeants. And then secondly can another unit be placed on the board inside of the land raider dedicated transport. I feel like you can take the land raider as their dedicated transport as you dont split the squad up until right before the game starts. Im not sure what the rules on starting inside some other squads dedicated transport is.

Veteran-Sergeant

Yes and no. Yes, you can purchase a Land Raider for the Wolf Guard even if you plan on splitting up the squad. No, you may not start the game with another unit in the Land Raider. Only the unit it was purchased for can begin the game embraked on a dedicated transport.
    Age and treachery shall overcome youth and skill, however nothing beats rolling all sixes.

Veteran-Sergeant

yes you can take it, but the squad u want to ride inside has to wait till its ur turn to get in and ride

Chaplain

Might I recommend getting yourself a copy of the core rulebook and looking at page 67 on which it clearly states that a dedicated transport can only carry the squad it was bought for when deployed. Now after the game gets going you can put another squad into it.
    "I have seen what you will see. I have fought what you must fight, and I have slain what you must slay...." Commander Dante

Attach one of the wolfgaurd to the squad you want to ride in the raider. Then they can ride.

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Attach one of the wolfgaurd to the squad you want to ride in the raider. Then they can ride.
    Doesn't work, when you attach a Wolf Guard to a squad he no longer counts as part of the Wolf Guard squad. He's a part of the squad you attach him to and therefore the Land Raider doesn't belong to him.

Librarian

No , they couldn't
    SW FAQ
    Q. If a Wolf Guard Pack Leader has joined a unit of
    Troops, does that unit cease to be a scoring unit? And
    does the Wolf Guard cease to count as an Elite model?
    (p86)
    A. When a Wolf Guard model joins another unit
    because of his Pack Leader special rule he becomes part
    of that unit to all intents and purposes.......
    He is part of another unit and not the unit the transport was bought for.

thanks for your help and answers seems like it fallowed my assumptions but it was filled with stuff that was not in the rule book though thank you though for that tip sangrail. I just wanted to get some second opinions before i got somewhere and found out i had 4 heavy support choices and that the wolfguard sergeant did not count as part of the unit that took the dedicated transport anymore. Appreciate all your time and help.