BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Hybrid View

Scout

Default Deathwing Cyclone Missile Launchers

Can a Deathwing Terminator with Lightning Claws also take a Cyclone Missile Launcher? Btw, sorry if this has been addressed elsewhere. did a cursory search on the net but couldn't find anything conclusive.

the cyclone is bought on top of the terminator other war gear so yes you take it on any other set up. The TH/SS is mainly used due to it being more survivable plus you can only fire one ranged weaponry as infantry so having a storm bolter is bit of a wast.

Scout

Thanks Burning Chrome. I wondering if this is a Death Wing specific rule? I was under the impression that to use when a terminator space marine takes a Cyclone Missile Launcher he had a targetter in his left hand. <looks at old terminator model with cyclone missile launcher and scrathces head>

use to be the case but not in the current rule set, it diffidently an addition that doesn't effect the standard gear. It doesn't come up since it only the death wing that can mix and match cc and ranged weaponry so the situation where your choose to fire the storm bolter over the missiles is quite rare. It one of the benefits of the deathwing.

Edit right missed you could fire another weapon TBH i don't thing any one has ever fire there SB at me since their normal going at tanks.
    Last edited by burning crome; 04-10-2012 at 04:39 PM.

Librarian

Ya, it's a very specific example. It would come in handy if you're actually shooting at troops.

And you never know when your missile will bounce of a DE raider, only to have a storm bolter real damage.

Scout

Thanks for your time and responses, guys, much appreciated. Don't feel quite so bad now after my Drop Troop army took a good kicking from the Death Wing. I wasn't being mis-led, those troops really did get blown up by a termie with a cyclone missile launcher and lightning claws! <sighs>You live and learn

Librarian

Actually, You can fire another weapon along with a cyclone missile launcher. Says so in the weapon description.

Deathwing allows you to put the CML on assault termies, as Deathwing isn't broken down to regular and assault, just Deathwing terminators.