BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Space Hulkamanders

So, after a crazy-long hiatus from painting (since last October) I finally got other crap caught up enough to get back to the painting desk. First up, I desperately needed to complete these Space Hulk terminators. James, my customer on these has been very patient with my lack of a schedule and I wanted them off my desk! Needless to say, James (in Austin, TX) plays Salamanders, and he converted these by carving off all of the Blood Angels iconography and adding on some Salamanders bits here and there. I really wanted to do these models justice since they are awesome sculpts. I elected to go for a true zenithal lighting treatment on the paint job. Oh how I wish I had gotten my airbrush up and running back then! What took hours upon hours to do with a brush on these miniatures could have been done in minutes.....oh well. I got lots of good practice with my brush control... Yeah, that's what I did, got lots of practice..... Anyway, without further ado, here's the Space Hulkamanders.

I have a few other photos, but it limited me to 4. I'll post the others (different views and a group shot) if interest seems to warrant it.

Badass.

Brother-Sergeant

The apothecary is stunning (as is the rest mind)

Occuli Imperator

They are very nice indeed

Librarian

very nice indeed! definitely something to be proud of!

ALShrive
    ALShrive; found somewhere between fact and breakfast.
    Horseman of the Derailment

Chapter-Master

Fine job there. I hadn't even noticed the Apothecary until docbungle mentioned him. Good job removing all the blood drops etc. I know from experience how much of a pain that can be! Just one small negative; please please drill out those barrels. More of an issue on the storm bolters than the Heavy flamer or Assault cannon, but it is amazing how much it imrpoves the look of a model. Shame to have done all that work just to leave those parts unloved.
    Always thinking 2 projects ahead of anything I've yet to finish
    http://instinctuimperator.blogspot.co.uk/

Brother-Captain

Good stuff indeed, very flavourful.
    Blood Angels Army Project
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?t=12017