BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Dark Angels maybe in May/June

From Warseer:
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick13
    Hi all. A mate at work whos brother works over at the printers gw use was back home for easter this past weekend and shared some intresting things. DARK ANGELS are aparently next and set for next couple of months.
    Aparrently stuff we have heard re chaplin wolfguard style units is not far from the mark. They are to get a new speeder varient.
    New elite ravenwing unit.
    I was also told of a new psychic power that works similarly to some sort of shield that a necron unit gets. Basically it forces a unit targeting librarian to hit an allied unit instead. Not familiar with new necron book so not sure what that is.
    Know it is not much . Second hand info and all but his stuff matched what i had read here so thought i would pass it on. Anyone able to add anything?
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Occuli Imperator

Sounds interesting and would tie in with the DA in the paint box. I am looking forward to some more cloaked SMs

Chaplain

I must admit, I had them down as later in the year, October maybe, but you know what, I don't think I know anything any more!

With the new Dark Angels plastic marines in the paint set, and the WD hints I guess I may have to eat my hat and say Dark Angels are probably next for 40K.

I really was sure it was Chaos next, but who knows?

Darnok on Warseer says he think the rumour is accurate but the timing is wrong, Chaos is first then probably DA later in the year.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chaplain

Yep that's how I have it too, Chaos before 6th, so around June, and then Dark Angels in October as the big final 40K release of 2012.

October fits Dark Angels better too as it's around Hallowe'en, and I must admit the WD spine image has at least a few more months to go.

It's just that we have the new figures in the paint set (which are actually pretty awful tbh, not as good as the AoBR ones), and the WD hint, and yet seen nothing for Chaos.

Guess we'll have to wait and see.

Chapter-Master

'I heard this from some guy who knows some other guys who knows some bloke in a pub....' Is it just me or does that not sound like the most reliable source in the world? I've got to agree with Straightsilver, the spine image is nowhere near complete, I'd expect it to be a few more months. Though we are due a 40k release and there is normally one just beofre a new edition, so who knows?
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

I would have to think that DA wouldn't be coming out that soon if they are just now hitting the printers. Would say to me they are hitting production now for later in the year.

Iron Father

Could be that the spine image isn't a complete Dark Angel. My idea is the spine image could be 50/50 merge of Dark Angel and Chaos marine. As the Dark Angel side completes we see the Dark Angels release and then as the Chaos side completes we will see the Chaos codex release.
    Wishful thinking, absolutely but I see Chaos fitting into a Halloween release more than Dark Angels.
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlift View Post
    Could be that the spine image isn't a complete Dark Angel. My idea is the spine image could be 50/50 merge of Dark Angel and Chaos marine. As the Dark Angel side completes we see the Dark Angels release and then as the Chaos side completes we will see the Chaos codex release.
    Wishful thinking, absolutely but I see Chaos fitting into a Halloween release more than Dark Angels.
    I agree with this. I can't see them dedicating a whole years worth of white dwarf spines to a single codex release. Unless it was a new race etc.

Id wager the spine pic is the box art for 6th.
    Gamer • Painter • Designer • Englishman
    http://levitas-master-artificer.blogspot.com

Brother-Sergeant

I really think people are putting way too much into the WD spine; it's just a cool piece of art that is marking 40k's 25th anniversary. Yes, it's probably DA and it sounds like they'll be released this year but analyzing the timing of the reveal is useless:

If DA are, say next month then you'll have 7 more months of a "reveal" for a spring codex. On the other hand, if DA are say, October, then the "surprise" will be revealed much too early.

Here's a fictional GW dialogue of how I believe it came about:

WD guy: "We should do a spine picture on WD to celebrate 40k's 25th anniversary."

Fluff guy: "It's got to be a Marine."

Rules guy: "How about a picture featuring the 1stthe chapter?"

Model guy: "Good idea, we're featuring the DA in the new starter."

Manager: "Good idea folks, it'll look neat on collector's shelves."

That's it. No relevance to when it if Codex: DA is released.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast