BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

chaos can because they tend to kidnap woman and just look at the emperor's children during the heresy

Quote Originally Posted by daddydead117 View Post
    chaos can because they tend to kidnap woman and just look at the emperor's children during the heresy
    There's a part in the book Fulgrim covering their fall to Slaanesh - when the humans present were corrupted, they began having an orgy, when the astartes present were corrupted, they started killing everyone. Astartes tend to have different standards of what's pleasurable than typical humans. Remember, Slaanesh isn't necessarily about carnality - it's about excess.

Also, wasn't the kidnapping women thing about the Iron Warriors building that giant pregnancy machine thing where they threw in humans and got fresh space marines out of it?

Iron Father

If they were able to father children, would any of the enhancements they receive be passed onto their children ?
    I know most of what they become is implanted but would some of the gene seed variations be passed on ?

Would make for some cool playground " my dads bigger than your dad" arguments and the parents school sports day race would be brilliant to watch.

But going back to my original question, if they could breed marines instead of "building" them I am sure it would be done. This makes me think that they are sterile.
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Chapter-Master

Didn't we do this already?
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Chaplain

"oh look this thread again"

as well as being chemically castrated they also go through a lot of psychotherapy to make them the battle hardened warriors we know toda; i can hazard a guess that during the psychotherapy sessions they have their interest in women/men and sex erased so that their mind is totally free of everything other the duty they must perform for the rest of their long lives.

thing with chaos marine is that they manage to break their psychotherapy and thus become more human again, a human with a super-soldier body. that could be the reason chaos marines don't benefit from the ATSKNF rule while loyalist marines do.

TL;DR?
    Loyalists have no interest in sex so no they wouldn't partake in it unless they fell to chaos.
    Step forth and be recognized.
    No mercy. No pity. No hope.

Even Chaos marines seem to place a greater stock in violence/martial skills/furthering their god's will than they do carnality. Plus, a pretty common mutation received by chaos marines is having their armor bonded to their bodies, which would kinda throw a monkey-wrench into the sexytimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev. Tiberius Jackhammer View Post
    Even Chaos marines seem to place a greater stock in violence/martial skills/furthering their god's will than they do carnality. Plus, a pretty common mutation received by chaos marines is having their armor bonded to their bodies, which would kinda throw a monkey-wrench into the sexytimes.
    But just look at all the tentacles they get!!!!!!!

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlift View Post
    If they were able to father children, would any of the enhancements they receive be passed onto their children ?
    I know most of what they become is implanted but would some of the gene seed variations be passed on ?

Would make for some cool playground " my dads bigger than your dad" arguments and the parents school sports day race would be brilliant to watch.

But going back to my original question, if they could breed marines instead of "building" them I am sure it would be done. This makes me think that they are sterile.
    No portion of the geneseed effects the gamete production of the testicles. If they had children they'd be normal.

*Looks at thread title* That's what he said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Denzark View Post
    Didn't we do this already?
    Space Marines do have sex, but only if you buy them a mink coat first.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Space Marines do have sex, but only if you buy them a mink coat first.
    I would have thought that it was after they have grown tentacles, worn the skins of humans, and played bass guitars as weapons, but you might be right...
    QUOTE Jwolf: "Besides, Tynskel isn't evil, he's just drawn that way. "

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast