BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Chapterhouse Studios May Release - Empress' Tears TRU-Scale Conversion Kit

This week we expand upon our TRU-Scale product line with the Order of the Empress's Tears Knights Praetorius Conversion Kit.

The "Knights Praetorius" are the Empress' most loyal soldiers. Each order has a history as well as heraldry that is unique to its ranks. The Order of the Empress's Tears is named so because of the near annihilation the order faced when they were the sole defense for the Empress when her Flagship came under assault during the Battle of Permidian. Isolated and without support, the order was annihilated to almost the last soldier before reinforcements had arrived. Only 2 soldiers survived the Kin'rth attack against the Empress and her closest advisors. Because of this sacrifice, the Empress renamed the unit and the units heraldry includes the "red tears" of the empress as its main standard.

Each resin kit comes unassembled and unpainted. The28 mm TRU-Scale kit comes with enough components to assemble a squad of 6 "Knight Praetorius" - 12 assorted armored pauldrons, 6 torsos, 6 sets of legs and 6 equipment backpacks. Please note it is necessary to purchase heads, arms, weapons and bases to assemble as shown. Chapterhouse Studios Marine Heads and weapons are scaled appropriately for use with this kit. We recommend 28mm scale model kits for assembly with this kit.

The kits are available[url=http://chapterhousestudios.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=206] here [/url]for $22.50 a set. Shown along side is a Knights Praetorius model assembled completely with Chapterhouse Studios kits and bits - painted by Jose Veiga and incorporates kits - [url=chapterhousestudios.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=85_112&product_id=199]Spiky Marine Head[/url], [url=chapterhousestudios.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=85_113&product_id=228]Open Fist Power Claws[/url], and [url=chapterhousestudios.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=85_113&product_id=164]Combi-Flamer Component[/url]

[url=http://chapterhousestudios.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=206][/url]
    [url=http://chapterhousestudios.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=128&product_id=204][/url]

I am also excited to announce that WorthyPainting.com will be the official studio painters for our line of products. You will notice their logo below the items they have painted for us and I look forward to seeing what they churn out!. Check them out at [url]www.worthypainting.com[/url].

Coming up in the following weeks will be some kits to expand our female imperial guard lines, our conversion kits for Tyranid models, as well as some dark space elf kits and further kits for Space Marine players out there.

Sincerely,

Nick Villacci - Chapterhouse Studios LLC

Chaplain

Oh chapterhouse....that ""Knights Praetorius" is damn sexy!

Remedial remedies ( e.g. creating your own fluff after being sued for ripping off someone elses) is generally construed as an admission of guilt when one is being sued in civil court.

Hey at least the jet bike presented in the Sabertooth card game 'Horus Heresy' and miraculously designed by your company years later is a better vehicle than the Storm Talon (hint, bet someone will make an add on kit)
    Last edited by westside; 05-30-2012 at 06:10 AM. Reason: secretary proof read post and corrected spelling, thanks babe

Librarian

It's spelled "True". Seriously, it's one letter. How hard can it be?

Also, marines are already in scale, it's just that imp guard are out of scale.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Gir View Post
    Also, marines are already in scale, it's just that imp guard are out of scale.
    Yeah, this. Chimeras are pretty huge, too, even without scaling guardsmen down slightly. Also, the heroic scale that GW uses kind of throws things off a bit. And there's wacky stuff like, say, the heavy bolter on a Devastator vs. the ones on tanks vs. the ones IG weapon teams lug around.

But hey, if people like this true-scale stuff, more power to them, I guess.

Personally I think these kits are very underwhelming. The poses are static and the designs are very bland and subdued in ways I don't think are good...such as the stubby backpacks, blobby/uneven-looking rivets and iconography and the weird twin-blade lightning claws.
    I know Chapterhouse isn't a big-name studio, but I find that this is a problem with a lot of their kits in general, especially their infantry kits and add-ons.
    I'm hoping this comes across as constructive criticism; that's my intent, though it's a little blunt.
    Armies Played (in order of acquisition)
    Crons, SW, SM, Tau, 1k Sons, IG, Nids, BA, DE

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by Pyriel View Post
    Your "opinions" will be generally not listened to mr armchair lawyer.
    for all you know he's a practicing lawyer.

Wasn't that sold on the default yellow, but the Veiga colorscheme looks excellent - also, interesting kitbash with the combi-flamer and power claw.
    Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    And maybe he's the second coming, but chances are low! A lot of the anti-chapterhouse comments are rather grating, rather than the reasoned/constructive.

Not to be overly critical of the exciting new fluff, but shouldn't Nick explain that the Tsarina's armored trans-dimensional (I'm trademarking this by the way Nick so just drop the (s) in trans when you 'create' it) Space Thugs need to be True Scale because they are Ultrahuman (* not post human), and are larger than non-genetically altered (D'ho) Space Thugs?

One expects practisiing lawyers to have more than a passing acquaintance with spelling and grammar.
    Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    One expects practisiing lawyers to have more than a passing acquaintance with spelling and grammar.
    Isn't that what secretaries and microsoft word is for?

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast