BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Veteran-Sergeant

don't suppose they might come up with some new monster hm? i would love a dual chaos dragon kit if they decide to go with that. any idea when this choas update is gonna come along? i mean in terms of month. though it might be waaay to early to guess at that...

So I've just been told that WoC are due in October (though Hastings had already said as much on Warseer) but I've also heard we are getting a plastic or finecast Witch and a sculpt of Valkia the Bloody. I've had this corroborated by a very reliable rumourmonger who said he believes the WoC witch is female. BUT my source said it might just be an Elf, though he is fairly sure it is WoC. Interesting to see what happens with that.
    Last edited by eldargal; 05-28-2012 at 12:21 AM.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Brother-Captain

Considering that Valkia the Bloody and Egrimm van Horstmann both have novels out this year, I would not be at all surprised if both of them feature in a new WoC army book. Egrimm would be a perfect addition to a plastic Chaos Dragon kit (a la Karl Franz in the Empire Griffon set). With the stupid price rises coming on Dark Elves, WoC are now the army I'm most likely to get for fantasy as I already have a bunch of older Chaos Warriors and characters, plus there are those nice Warcast regiments from AoW too.
    Either there is life in the universe more intelligent than us, or we are the most intelligent form of life in the universe. Either way, it's a worrying thought!

If the Valkia sculpt is nice it may even tempt me into starting WoC, having hte option for a female general increases the chance of me starting anarmy considerably. Especially if I don't have to convert it. Worked for VC.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    If the Valkia sculpt is nice it may even tempt me into starting WoC, having hte option for a female general increases the chance of me starting anarmy considerably. Especially if I don't have to convert it. Worked for VC.
    Oh dear eldargal, bless.
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    So I've just been told that WoC are due in October (though Hastings had already said as much on Warseer) but I've also heard we are getting a plastic or finecast Witch and a sculpt of Valkia the Bloody. I've had this corroborated by a very reliable rumourmonger who said he believes the WoC witch is female. BUT my source said it might just be an Elf, though he is fairly sure it is WoC. Interesting to see what happens with that.
    Now I'm certain I read somewhere recently that they don't like making models of BL novels because bringing BL characters into the Warhammer game restricts the creativity of both BL and GW rules writers as well as running the risk of the model/rules not living up to fans expectations. I can't for the life of me remember where this was (maybe the BL blog or something), but I'm sure whoever it was said it was unlikely that BL creations would appear in the games. I really wish I could remember where I read that.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Brother-Captain

Except that this is not a case of them making models of Black Library characters. Black Library are doing a series of novels each of which features one of the special characters from the Warhammer game. They've already done Sigvald, Luthor Huss, Wulfrik the Wanderer and a few others. Valkia the Bloody is in the current WoC army book, and Egrimm van Horstmann is an older character (he rides Baudros the 2 headed chaos dragon and was the figure sat on the back of the original chaos dragon model Citadel put out). they are bopth already Warhammer characters, they just lack a current model (in Egrimm's case) or any model (Valkia) at this time.
    Either there is life in the universe more intelligent than us, or we are the most intelligent form of life in the universe. Either way, it's a worrying thought!

Yup, Valkia has been around for a few years at least, I forget if she was introduiced in 6th or 7th edition. Probably 7th.

Yeah, she was in the most recent army book. Quite a nice character.

She even has a book, though by the sounds of it all of the Chaos champions will be getting books.
    Sigvald has one, Valkia has one, Wulfrik has one...
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Chapter-Master

Ah, that makes more sense then, didn't realise Valkia was already in the game. I knew they didn't have an issue doing books about existing special characters, just that they were funny about taking unique BL characters and adding them to the game. This stuck with me as they used to do it all the time back in the days with a number of Warhammer Monthly characters getting rules and models (and very nice ones at that).
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast