BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Wildeybeast View Post
    I knew they didn't have an issue doing books about existing special characters, just that they were funny about taking unique BL characters and adding them to the game. This stuck with me as they used to do it all the time back in the days with a number of Warhammer Monthly characters getting rules and models (and very nice ones at that).
    Yeah it is a shame they've taken that approach as there's a load of great BL characters that I'd love to see them do models of, especially if they ever do an Allies or Dogs of War style book again. Characters like Felix & Gotrek (Max, Snorri & Kat too thinking about it), Brunner the Bounty Hunter, Ulrika the Vampire, and the huge Knight of Morr that accompanies Mathias Thulmann the Witch Hunter around ( I forget his name, but he is an awesome character) would all be great additions to the game, or re-additions in Felix & Gotrek's case.

Also with regard to Egrimm van Horstmann it would make sense to have him in the new book, as the current selection of WoC special characters are pretty much all combat types (Archaon, Valkia, Kholek, Wulfrik, Throgg, Sigvald etc), and he's a Sorceror Lord which they could use in the mix. Plus with him riding a Chaos Dragon it's a nice reason for another 2/3 option character/monster kit, as it could have the bits to assemble: Egrimm & Baudros, Galrauch and a regular warlord on dragon.
    Last edited by Brakkart; 05-29-2012 at 10:57 AM.
    Either there is life in the universe more intelligent than us, or we are the most intelligent form of life in the universe. Either way, it's a worrying thought!

Kholek is a dude! I want to see a novel about him!
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Brother-Captain

I would like to see a novel (and a new figure) for the classic Chaos special character Arbaal the Undefeated. A Chaos Lord of Khorne who has never lost a battle, and who rides into battle on a Flesh Hound the size of a car. Now that is a cool villain.

And yeah if they ever do a plastic Shaggoth kit, they should totally do it as a 2 in 1 kit with extra bits to enable you to make Kholek Suneater. They might actually be able to do justice to a Shaggoth with a plastic kit, as the current one, while a nice figure, is just too small really. I think the regular Dragon Ogres should be the size of the current Shaggoth and then have the actual Shaggoth be quite a bit bigger again.
    Either there is life in the universe more intelligent than us, or we are the most intelligent form of life in the universe. Either way, it's a worrying thought!

To be fair, Kholek is even bigger than that. He's huge!
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Brakkart View Post
    Yeah it is a shame they've taken that approach as there's a load of great BL characters that I'd love to see them do models of, especially if they ever do an Allies or Dogs of War style book again. Characters like Felix & Gotrek (Max, Snorri & Kat too thinking about it), Brunner the Bounty Hunter, Ulrika the Vampire, and the huge Knight of Morr that accompanies Mathias Thulmann the Witch Hunter around ( I forget his name, but he is an awesome character) would all be great additions to the game, or re-additions in Felix & Gotrek's case.

Also with regard to Egrimm van Horstmann it would make sense to have him in the new book, as the current selection of WoC special characters are pretty much all combat types (Archaon, Valkia, Kholek, Wulfrik, Throgg, Sigvald etc), and he's a Sorceror Lord which they could use in the mix. Plus with him riding a Chaos Dragon it's a nice reason for another 2/3 option character/monster kit, as it could have the bits to assemble: Egrimm & Baudros, Galrauch and a regular warlord on dragon.
    I'd like to see Egrimm back, but that Chaos dragon needs a new sculpt, it wasn't great back in the day and looks terrible compared to the current range of plastic dragons.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Quote Originally Posted by Wildeybeast View Post
    I'd like to see Egrimm back, but that Chaos dragon needs a new sculpt, it wasn't great back in the day and looks terrible compared to the current range of plastic dragons.
    Judging by that new Empire Griffon kit with two generic characters and one special, a new plastic chaos dragon kit might have him bundled in with it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123