BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Formula 1

Occuli Imperator

I'm glad you didn't drown and your car didn't get stuck in car park.
    I was driving down to Reading on Friday and the motorways signs were on saying that the carparks were closed and I thought of you.
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Chapter-Master

Yeh was deffinitely worth going down on Wednesday on that count. As for getting stuck or drowning in mud... I'm a bit of a country bumpkin. Didn't fall over in the mud at all walking (unlike most of the other people at some point) and I've driven in enough muddy fields too know how to plan a route out and drive on mud without spinning my wheels (the main cause of people sinking in mud). It did help that I stayed til quite late on monday, so there was much more room in the carpark to maneouvre my car.
    Always thinking 2 projects ahead of anything I've yet to finish
    http://instinctuimperator.blogspot.co.uk/

Occuli Imperator

That reminds me of some advice Brian Cox once gave concerning traversing mud, that is to mince across it as it will be easier to twist your foot out of the mud then to just pull (without the rotation)
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Occuli Imperator

This -> [url]http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/18947726[/url]

Where do you guys fall on this, obviously SV overtook off the track, but was he forced off after JB didn't leave him enough room?

We know what the officals have said, and found SV guilty.

Also, really interesting seeing LH fighting to unlap himself, I think that that is the first time that I have seen someone do that. I was pleased to see that the stewards were sensible in the forcing of the Blue flags allowing him to race.

Brilliant strategy by McLaren to get JB in the pits (2.4s!!!) and make up enough time to overtake SV on his pit exit.

Chapter-Master

I agree with the strewards. If JB had forced him off the road, then no pnealty would have been needed (or possibly JB would have deserved one) but as SV floored the accelerator to get round him... He could/should have lifted slightly, but didn't want to lose out on the points. As it turns out, he has lost a lot more points than he would have by staying third. I think that is a fair punishment and hopefully will send a message to all the drivers; break the rules and you will actually be penalised where it hurts.

In the past they have given out fines. Most were either paid off by the teams or so small that the drivers pulling in millions of pounds in their salary and sponsorship deals that they didn't feel them. It essentially became paying for positions. Red Bull will be especially unpleased with him losing points for them in the championship needlessly.

Deffinitely agree with you about LH Wolfy. If someone isn't fighting you for position, have come up behind you and are going faster, then they should be allowed through. Whether that is a back marker being lapped or someone unlapping themselves shouldn't matter (admittedly the latter is far less likely, but LH proved it's possible).

Well done to McLaren all round. Yes, things didn't go particularly well for LH, but they seem to have come back and are actually showing that they might yet have teeth to fight for this years championships.

Occuli Imperator

I agree with you, he certainly didn't do himself any favours by accellerating off track and with the way JBs tyres were going, I would have been surprised if he didn't make a sucessful move later.

I also agree with the Stewards on SV passing JB, a blatant breech of the rules. LH was also perfectly entitled to unlap himself.

How about that JB pitstop!
    To a New Yorker like you a hero is some kinda weird sandwich, not some nut who takes on three Tigers!

Occuli Imperator

I think it has to be the fastest one of this year, possibly ever.

Chapter-Master

Part of why I want to congratulate McLaren. They have had such bad luck with pitstops this season, from breaking equipment to sticky wheels. Great to see that they are capable of doing it when it matters. If they can keep that up, I reckon we could see some great things from from them as the season finale draws in.

First-Captain

Well. It has come down to the last race of the season. Other than not being able to watch all the races cause I won't pay for Sky sports, I have enjoyed this season.
    All the different winners was fun, DRS seemed to be doing it's job, Kimi Raikkonen has made me chuckle, I thought the new American track was good and I am looking forward to next years race.
    I'm in the office today so don't know if I'll be able to get back for the race. But I hope you guys enjoy it.

Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast