BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Formula 1

Librarian

Huge Alonso!!!

Big start, from 5th to 3rd... Excelente, Fernando!
    Lord Macragge and wielder of the Ultramar´s Gauntlets

First-Captain

Not the best race was it. Nevermind. A sixth winner in six races is interesting though.

Chapter-Master

I have to agree with you energongoodie. I mean it was by no means a bad race... To have the top 5-6 within a couple of seconds of each other for so many laps is always going to be interesting. I think we've just been spoiled so far this season with phenomonal races!

I feel your pain Aldermech. Getting caught out so early on with Grosjean's crash screwed Jensen hard. Good to see the Caterhams competing though, even if it was mostly because Monaco is so narrow.
    Always thinking 2 projects ahead of anything I've yet to finish
    http://instinctuimperator.blogspot.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by energongoodie View Post
    +1

I forgot about him doing that. How long ago was that?
    Oops! Totally forgot I posted on this!

The track is looking AMAZING. They just put down pavement on turn 1! And the whole facility and grandstands are almost done!

I'll post pics tomorrow!
    Borderline alcoholic and happy about it.
    Don't get your religion mixed with my Constitution. The mixture curdles.

Occuli Imperator

I do hope it goes ahead, Bernie give others a chance!

Librarian

Algersuari is told to come back maybe for Force India next year.

And Hamilton didn´t resigned his contract with McLaren, so he can go anywhere: Red bull, Mercedes, even Ferrari with Alonso.

What do you think of Alonso?
    Lord Macragge and wielder of the Ultramar´s Gauntlets

Occuli Imperator

Alson + Hamilton, not going to happen again, or at least they are not going to be happy bedfellows look what happened last time

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfshade View Post
    Alson + Hamilton, not going to happen again, or at least they are not going to be happy bedfellows look what happened last time
    Agree.

Also, confirmed 2013 V8 Supercars championship at COTA. *SQUEEEEE*

Turn 1, 3 and 8 are done, all the grandstands are done, and the main facility is done. Individual ticket sales go up in the next couple months (I got $700 saved for the full championship!)

[url]http://circuitoftheamericas.com/articles/cota-may-construction-update[/url]

"Construction at Circuit of The Americas moves closer to completion as the placement of asphalt continues around the track and the first layer of surface from Turns 1 – 5 and Turns 18 – 20 is applied. The Access Tunnel that leads to the Paddock Area is finished and paved. The Medical Center is almost finished with only work on the ceiling and windows to go.

Meanwhile, progress at the Pit Building is well under way; window installation and painting has started and should be completed soon.

In the coming weeks, paving will continue between Turns 5 and 10 while the Main Grandstand is completed."
    Borderline alcoholic and happy about it.
    Don't get your religion mixed with my Constitution. The mixture curdles.

Chapter-Master

I feel like the luckiest git alive! As I haven't had a holiday in 5 years (mostly cus I haven't been able to afford one) my parents have decided to pay for one, partly as a brithday/christmas present. I couldn't think of anywhere in particular I wanted to go, so my Dad suggested the Britsh Grand Prix. Hopefully my tickets will arrive tomorrow

Three days of F1 and support races. Camping in the 'lively' section. Gradn Stand seats where i can seea good third of the track Very Happy Shades.

As for the previous topic; Alonso and Hamilton sounds pretty unlikely to me as well. Not as unlikely as Hamilton and Massa, but still... Also, I though I heard that Ferrari were interested in Paul Di Resta? Although Hamilton may not have signed a new contract with McLaren, I really doubt he'd leave them, especially as they have a potentially race/championship winning car for him at the moment. Button though... He's been struggling to make the car work for him this season, so I could see him thinking about leaving unless he can find some form from the car soon. Even then I'd think it'd be unlikely.

Guess we will have to see how things go in Montreal in a couple of days time!
    Always thinking 2 projects ahead of anything I've yet to finish
    http://instinctuimperator.blogspot.co.uk/

First-Captain

Sounds great SotonShades. I look forward to the post race report.

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast