BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Formula 1

Occuli Imperator

Well the new series is upon us.

Melborne (Oz, not Derbyshire..) this weekend.

Red Bull are looking strong as always and an impressive display by Lotus. Kimmi is worth a punt for World Champion I think, assuming they can sort out the issues with reliability.

Everyone else seems a bit of jumble.

Though the question is, are the two lotuses (and RBs for that matter) both so close to each other because that is their car on the limit, with the other drivers quite a way from their team mates is there more performance left to be eeked out?

All I know is that I want JB to beat LH every time.
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Chapter-Master

One down, 18 to go.

Didn't really get all that excited today. Nice to see three Brits in the top ten, but besides a few key over takes, there seemed to be a lack of action. Melbourne is always a development race, so I guess we will have to see how the season goes on. Fingers crossed McLaren can turn up their development like they have done in the past.
    Always thinking 2 projects ahead of anything I've yet to finish
    http://instinctuimperator.blogspot.co.uk/

Occuli Imperator

Should have put a bet on my Kimi thoughts... grumble grumble grumble.
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Occuli Imperator

Well practice 1 & 2 are over and again Kimi is looking strong.
    McLarens seem not to be going anywhere middle times, like previously.

The race will probably be under rain so how will the new cars cope with grip in these conditions?

Will Jenson be the rainman like previously?

Iron Father

I don't usually hold much stock with practice sessions as an indicator of performance, without knowing fuel loads etc its difficult to get an idea of race performance, even last years qualifying sessions really didn't indicate race pace most of the time. But this year so far (1 race I know) practice does seem to be reasonable indication of the race result,
    I would love to see Kimi win another world championship.
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Occuli Imperator

I don't know, these practice sessions show boardly speaking the same results as last weekend on race day, and the final practice session beforehand.
    I doubt that there would be much time to make any significant improvements in the cars during the last 4 days.

Chaplain

I'm considering sticking a tenner on for Kimi to win the championship at this point

Occuli Imperator

I think it might be a good move, the question is though is how will the cars develop in the future. Are Lotus at the far end of their performance, can the McLarens be upgraded to get more performance. 'Tis tricky, certainly I think he has the raw talent.

My favourite bit from last season was Kimi telling his crew to shut up.

Chaplain

That was hilarious.

Yeah you never really know how the season will pan out, especially once teams start to bring in their upgrades and get to grips with the new tyres

Iron Father

Yeah that was funny, but that's him. I wonder if he still naps pre-race whist everyone else is getting geared up for the race.
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast