BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

@Aristus: You've gotten some great advice below, but I'll toss in my comments as well.

1. The Chaplain isn't a very good HQ for the army you are building. Almost any choice is superior. If you decide to keep the Chaplan, then you should lose the Power Fist. It's a big sink of points in a 1500pt army.

2. Unless you have your Tacticals in a Rhino, they shouldn't have Power Fists (Flamers, although free, won't have a lot of use either). Since you've built a mobile army, I'd consider finding some points for a couple of Rhinos. In any case, just take the free Missle Launchers or Multi-Meltas -- the Lascannon is too pricey when you have 3 S10 tanks driving around.

3. If any Tactical squad needs a Power Fist it's the one in the Drop Pod. I'd consider putting a character in here (or shifting to very expensive, but very versatile Sternguard Veterans). If you keep the free MM, make sure to Combat Squad these guys so you have chance to shoot it.

4. I agree that the Assault Squad is completely out of place in this army. I'd lose it completely (or built it up to a 10-man squad for a much larger army). In any case, the Combat Shield isn't useful.

5. I love Typhoons, but I see light armor a lot in my neck of the woods. They have a decent punch and can stay out of harm's way and be effective. A Multi-melta makes them very versatile, but will also make you want to move them up to take pot shots. It's a mixed bag, but I usually take MMs on them. They work great in pairs.

6. I don't put any upgrades on my Vindicators. Extra armor might be worth it, if you have lots of terrain on your boards but I find that it's pretty easy to avoid terrain when I deploy.

In generally, the army feels to spread out to be effective. Your Tactical Squads hang back (not doing much) while your Vindicators drive forward with no real support (the Typhoon just isn't enough). When the Drop Pod comes in (probably far away from the Vindicators) it doesn't add a lot to the army. And goodness knows what the Assault squad is doing.

If you are planning an army around 3 Vindis (which is great at 1500pts), you need to build a support structure for them. Bring your ENTIRE army with them (Rhinos are great for this and provide much needed cover from side and rear threats). Terminators or Sternguard would be a decent addition as well (replacing the 3rd Tactical Squad) -- Terminators are particularly effective at 1500pts.

Best of luck!

-- MKerr
    Check out my new Blog! --- http://www.ChainFist.com
    Follow me on Twitter! http://www.twitter.com/40kNEWS

Occuli Imperator

After taking in everyhing said by all these other guys I would have to agree with most of it. However, I like having a P.fist in my squads for flexibility. I agree for sure on the Lascannon, take the free MM. Let us know how it goes.

Scout

Thanks for all of the advice people

Ill be going through everything when i got time for it, and ill post an edited list in a couple of days or so.
    It's not a question if i can read minds, it's about i've yet have found a mind worth reading.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12