BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by L192837465 View Post
    The problem with that, is that Samurai Jack is actually awesome, whereas Draigo is just stupid and poor writing to try and make a character in the 40k universe way more badass than any other alive.
    He basically is Samurai Jack as far as what has happened to him and the results of his trek to find a way home on his enemies. The difference in acceptance is that Jack is a taciturn hero who tries his best to do the right thing, and is a fish out of water in the future. Draigo has zero characterization as we get all info on him from his word-of-god codex entry, and he's not a fish out of water - he might be in enemy territory but fighting daemons and telling Chaos to GTFO is what Grey Knights do.

Actually the part that confused me is that I went back and re-read his entry after posting that. He breaks his sword right before killing the daemon that flings him into the Warp. Why is he still equipped with the Titansword in his wargear?

Brother-Captain

Draigo is a silly thing. You can't call him a character so much as a prop piece. Like all the new toys he does not have a story so much as a background and Draigo's is particularly busy. What should be six or more pages of nigh legendary trials is crammed into less than two pages and heavily backloaded.
    But, if one really wanted to hate him they could take solace in the Titansword telling him he has an 85% chance of completing simple tasks every five minutes.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Dyrnwyn View Post
    He basically is Samurai Jack as far as what has happened to him and the results of his trek to find a way home on his enemies. The difference in acceptance is that Jack is a taciturn hero who tries his best to do the right thing, and is a fish out of water in the future. Draigo has zero characterization as we get all info on him from his word-of-god codex entry, and he's not a fish out of water - he might be in enemy territory but fighting daemons and telling Chaos to GTFO is what Grey Knights do.

Actually the part that confused me is that I went back and re-read his entry after posting that. He breaks his sword right before killing the daemon that flings him into the Warp. Why is he still equipped with the Titansword in his wargear?
    The Titansword is forged from the axe of a bloodthirster (which is also a bloodthirster). He rocked Kar'Voth in unarmed combat atop a waterfall of blood.
    Samurai Jack's sword was forged by Vishnu, Odin, and Ra to kill one of the last remnants of malicious darkness.
    Jack crushed on Aku once, there is no evidence Draigo has made out with anyone.

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Dyrnwyn View Post
    The easy explanation for that is that the Codex entry for Draigo is a "snapshot" of him at a point before he gets cast into the Warp and starts mucking about with everything... in the same way that you can have Tycho leading your Blood Angels, despite him being canonically dead.
    We Will Strike With The Arms Of Gods
    And Leave Nothing In Our Wake

I'm not sure Vect is that much like Vetinari to be honest, in Path of the Renegade he is much more a brutal tyrant than Vetinari is ever depicted.
    Last edited by eldargal; 04-17-2012 at 05:21 AM.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Quote Originally Posted by inquisitorsog View Post
    edit: actually the Dreadknight is pretty cool: Once it's been converted to a Stompa or mega dredd.
    A mega-dread I could believe, but it's way, way too small to be a Stompa.

Quote Originally Posted by The AKH View Post
    The easy explanation for that is that the Codex entry for Draigo is a "snapshot" of him at a point before he gets cast into the Warp and starts mucking about with everything... in the same way that you can have Tycho leading your Blood Angels, despite him being canonically dead.
    The other easy explanation is that he reforged it. Quoth the Ward, "With cleansing fire he drove daemonic taint from the beast's great axe, and used the molten remains to reforge his sword."

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    I'm not sure Vect is that much like Vetinari to be honest, in Path of the Renegade he is much more a brutal tyrant than Vetinary is ever depicted.
    After reading your comments on the book I am interested in reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan Darkstar View Post
    Yeah but chuck norris would still whoop his backside.
    That's because Chuck Norris is the Emperor of Mankind.

Quote Originally Posted by bfmusashi View Post
    Commisar Yarrick= Walt Kowalski and William Munny (Clint Eastwood in Gran Torino and Unfogiven)
    He is the crankiest old man who ever lived. He can not be scared and even if you kill him you'll likely still lose. He also wants you off his lawn.

I can see how you might draw that comparison - quite amusing! But for me, Commissar Yarrick will always remind me of the literary character for which he was inspired by - Captain Ahab.

Yarrick - the aging, mutilated avenger (Ahab) forever pursuing his version of Moby Dick (Ghazkull) across the galaxy is one of the cooler stories of the 40k universe. Unlike his literary inspiration, I feel that Yarrick deserves to take out his foe in the end, however

Quote Originally Posted by L192837465 View Post
    Should be "awful". There's no "e" in the word.

Agree with everything else though? IDK TLDR haha
    Perhaps he is full of awe...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast