BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Brother-Captain

I admit, Ahab makes more sense. Yarrick has a skeleton of a tiny greenskin on his gun and a tank called the Fortress of Arrogance so he's certainly more Ahab. I think his stint at gardening with his power klaw blinded me to it

First-Captain

You forgot some of the more blatant rip offs:

Sly Marbo. Ok, if this really needs to be explained--go rent a little movie called "First Blood."

Creed. I've always thought of Creed as Patton with a slightly more affable nature. Though Cruddace never mentioned if Creed's matched pistols had ivory handles or not--because we all know that only a New Orleans pimp would have pearl handles...

Veteran-Sergeant

• There used to be a Forge World tank commander that is Oddball from Kelly's Heroes. He even had a loudspeaker for his tank...
    • The basic design of the Space Marines and power armor came from the "Starship Troopers" novel.
    • The Van Saar are Freemen from Dune
    • The Delaque are from Dark City
    "Technically correct is the best kind of correct."
    WHFB: Dwarf - TK - Empire - Goblin 40k: SW - IG - Ork

Duke Sliscus kind of reminds me of Afro Samurai

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiserdean View Post
    • The basic design of the Space Marines and power armor came from the "Starship Troopers" novel.
    I, wait, what? Have you read the Starship Troopers novel? Though it's generally credited with powered armour suits in general, it's a lot closer to Tau Battlesuits than to the genehanced Astartes.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Houghten View Post
    I, wait, what? Have you read the Starship Troopers novel? Though it's generally credited with powered armour suits in general, it's a lot closer to Tau Battlesuits than to the genehanced Astartes.
    Maybe it was the influence of an old book cover, but I saw the SS Troopers as marines.

[URL="http://images.search.yahoo.com/images/view;_ylt=A0PDoYD9x5ZPPE8AVtKJzbkF;_ylu=X3oDMTBlMT Q4cGxyBHNlYwNzcgRzbGsDaW1n?back=http%3A%2F%2Fimage s.search.yahoo.com%2Fsearch%2Fimages%3F_adv_prop%3 Dimage%26va%3Dstarship%2Btroopers%2Bpower%2Barmor% 26fr%3Dyfp-t-701%26tab%3Dorganic%26ri%3D2&w=329&h=506&imgurl=so ldiercitizen.files.wordpress.com%2F2010%2F11%2Fbes t-battlesuits-mi-power-armor-starship-troopers-thumb-330x506-22367.jpg&rurl=http%3A%2F%2Fsoldiercitizen.wordpre ss.com%2Ftag%2Fmilitary%2F&size=230.2+KB&name=+Bes t-battlesuits-MI-power-armor-Starship-Troopers-thumb-330x506-22367&p=starship+troopers+power+armor&oid=87dfb4cf 533ee647120a8f4b4757154a&fr2=&fr=yfp-t-701&tt=%2BBest-battlesuits-MI-power-armor-Starship-Troopers-thumb-330x506-22367&b=0&ni=21&no=2&tab=organic&ts=&sigr=11ht5lts 5&sigb=13rf6pl9i&sigi=13k1ibn6l&.crumb=xGfQIJuompG "]Link to image[/URL]

I guess I saw them as marines and termies, and the bigger suits as dreads.
    "Technically correct is the best kind of correct."
    WHFB: Dwarf - TK - Empire - Goblin 40k: SW - IG - Ork

Brother-Captain

In Kaiserdean's defense, the first time I showed my dad a beaky he thought it was from Starship Troopers.
    On a side note, Mephiston once dug himself out from under a building and fought a bunch of orks with his bare hands... naked. I know I've heard of this before (probably from Heracles) but can't place it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiserdean View Post
    • There used to be a Forge World tank commander that is Oddball from Kelly's Heroes. He even had a loudspeaker for his tank...
    • The Van Saar are Freemen from Dune
    • The Delaque are from Dark City
    Oddball still exists - Obadiah Sheefer, in IAv1 or in the IAv1 update.

I use him for my 1st Coy. Commander.
    We are heavy metal pirates! / We sail across the skies! / In our battleships of cosmic steel / we're terror up on high! - Alestorm

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123