BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Chapter-Master

How does this fit in with the rumours BigRed posted on the Tau rumours forum of them "coming full circle and being rumoured to be out in June"?

His words, not mine :P
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Librarian

I can't wait to see what the new Eldar codex does for Harlequins, and i hope adds more to that unit's entry. as well as allow a legitimate army list to be made.

Since more recent boxed sets typically try to contain a variety of different unit types, I'm a bit worried that that the boxed set will contain new Eldar jetbikes. As a Saim-hann player, it would be difficult for me to be able to field my bike based army when there will likely only be 3 per box. Although, the inclusion of Dark Angels might mean that the bikes would be marines rather than Eldar.

Chaplain

I was so looking forward to CSM.....this news troubles me greatly! BLAH!!!!!!!!!!!!

But I do have an Eldar army and would love to get new models for them....so have to take the good and the bad!

Veteran-Sergeant

I would be one happy Eldar player if this rumour is true, if it is my wallet is going to be hurting, but i will believe it when i see it...............crossing me fingers

Chapter-Master

It's true - all the girl players I know favor Tyranids and Orks. Of the girl players I know of, I've heard of an Eldar player, but also a Chaos player. That said, my wife has said that if she ever started playing 40k (not very likely, I'm afraid) she'd probably play either Eldar or Sisters of Battle. Anyway, I just don't think this "girls like elves" thing is real.

Also, I just can't credit GW with trying to attract girls. Not that it wouldn't be a good idea - actually, given that GW has probably already saturated the market of "wargaming guys with money to burn" it would probably be a great idea - but rather, it seems at odds with many of GW's other actions. The way the Sisters got treated, the way women are treated in a lot of GW's fluff, the way women are often treated in GW stores... it all points to a culture that is unevenly - at best - interested in attracting the female dollar.

Scout

The fact that these rumours include a Codex before 6th is enough to make them rather suspect. Given most of the rumblings, and a quick look at Fantasy's 8th edition release schedule, it is very unlikely that a book will come before 6th.

Quote Originally Posted by kargie View Post
    The fact that these rumours include a Codex before 6th is enough to make them rather suspect. Given most of the rumblings, and a quick look at Fantasy's 8th edition release schedule, it is very unlikely that a book will come before 6th.
    Why not they have done it before and probably will do so again. They did with daemons a few months months before realsing 5th edition. It even had rules in it that didn't work properly until 5th came out.

Veteran-Sergeant

Still saying Black Templars next. You heard it here.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12