BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Brother-Sergeant

The tyranids will consume all...except the necrons. They aren't very tasty.

Occuli Imperator

Lifting the Veil - Wolfshade's vision of the future

Will the Tyranids consume everything? - This is adistinct possibility, though the various waring factions of the galaxy will put aside their hositility to counter this threat and destroy them
    Will the Necrons rebuild their empire? - They are too fractured to do this, before this codex when they were a "hive mind" then this was a big a threat as the nids, but with their new fluff their overlords have distinct personalities/empires
    Will Chaos consume all? - Chaos' reach is "limited" Orks/Tau/Nids are unaffected by the warp gods as for the actual chaos/renegades this I think is slightly dwindling but if humanity endures will be a canker eating away at the heart of it
    Will Humanity endure? - The big yawn, stagnation and beset on all sides. If an insperational hero can rally the imperium under one flag, with one purpose then I see this happening, however, with the petty infighting and falling to chaos I see the empire of man splitting into various smaller domains
    Will the Eldar regain their grip? - Too few left, but may find strength with an ally in the Imperium
    The Tau Empire? - Tau will fall as they question their ideology and break into splintered empires c.f. USSR
    What about the Orks? - Orks are too busy fighting each other to be bothered with a galactic conquest

I dont know who will win... But I am pretty damned sure, at least, the Dark Kin of the Eldar will survive. Purely on the ground that they clone their forces... I mean Dark Eldar could probably field armies to the same scale as the Imperium if they really had any need too. But I dont feel they would 'win' the war of the races, yet best way to remove the Dark Eldar is to starve them of bodies.. So if the nids or crons win they will eventually destroy themselves.

My bets are on the Petra-Squirrels...
    Last edited by Corvus-Master-of-The-4th; 04-19-2012 at 04:50 AM. Reason: Grammar
    [I][I] =][= "Things are very seldom what they seem. In my experience, they’re usually a damn sight worse” =][=

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfshade View Post
    Lifting the Veil - Wolfshade's vision of the future

Will the Tyranids consume everything? - This is adistinct possibility, though the various waring factions of the galaxy will put aside their hositility to counter this threat and destroy them
    Will the Necrons rebuild their empire? - They are too fractured to do this, before this codex when they were a "hive mind" then this was a big a threat as the nids, but with their new fluff their overlords have distinct personalities/empires
    Will Chaos consume all? - Chaos' reach is "limited" Orks/Tau/Nids are unaffected by the warp gods as for the actual chaos/renegades this I think is slightly dwindling but if humanity endures will be a canker eating away at the heart of it
    Will Humanity endure? - The big yawn, stagnation and beset on all sides. If an insperational hero can rally the imperium under one flag, with one purpose then I see this happening, however, with the petty infighting and falling to chaos I see the empire of man splitting into various smaller domains
    Will the Eldar regain their grip? - Too few left, but may find strength with an ally in the Imperium
    The Tau Empire? - Tau will fall as they question their ideology and break into splintered empires c.f. USSR
    What about the Orks? - Orks are too busy fighting each other to be bothered with a galactic conquest

I agree with Wolfshade...

- Nids: Sure if they continue becoming that threat to the whole galaxy all the remnant races should follow Mat Ward´s way and rally an alliance between themselves to exterminante the danger.

- Necrons: Too many families and Lords to be agreed.

- Eldar: They´re too few, and Necrons want to pay the debts.

- Tau: Still too young, they still have alliances and have become to make some humans join them, but... the Human Empire is bigger.

- Chaos: If humans die, Chaos will die too, they need souls to grow.

- Humans: Hope the Empire falls... but sure it will create many "small Empires", until the returning of the Star Child, the new emperor who will do a new crusade to reconquer all.
    Lord Macragge and wielder of the Ultramar´s Gauntlets

Quote Originally Posted by MarneusCalgar View Post
    - Chaos: If humans die, Chaos will die too, they need souls to grow.
    :? But Chaos won't wipe humanity out? Just the non-believers, allowing the believers to make babies and civil war to Chaos' benefit.

Battle-Brother

The Squats will rise again!

Librarian

But Chaos won't wipe humanity out? Just the non-believers, allowing the believers to make babies and civil war to Chaos' benefit.
    So Chaos tells it's followers that and they believe it?

Chaos worshippers are the ultimate domestic abuse victims.

Ultimately Chaos will do whatever it fqeofb(0&)^596kgoeb0)^weojfgbqworvh'pwdiv;;h"£;w;d |::::knvp!!'wkehfpwieovh

You know. Because it's Chaos. It doesn't have a plan; the individual Ruinous Powers might have one (or all of them, if we're talking abot Tzeentch), but Chaos itself is a catepillar sat on the last flower in the desert, consuming it because it's delicious, not caring that once it's gone, there will be nothing left - because caring about things is simply not in its nature.

The nid incursion will indeed cause the greater races to unite, at least temporarily, to move as many orks in the way as possible. Starting a galaxy wide waagh right in the face of the Tyranids basically leaves them to war with each other in a segmentum for eternity. Both thrive on war, but would slowly but surely leave one side the victor, unless the allied races strike at strategic points to keep the warring factions even until they're both too weak to deal with a full blown assault by the allies. It would basically be WWII kind of.

The emperor will be slain by the Lion Sword carried by Cypher to forgive the Dark Angels of their sins and allow the Emperor to be reborn. As this happens, the remaining primarchs awaken and unite the space marines and humanity in a joint coalition to reconquer the material world as the Emperor does so in the Warp to the Chaos Gods.

The Tau will continue to take in and thrive off of the races humanity has chosen to castigate. As they open their arms to the lesser races, their empire will expand exponentially until their tech levels threaten humanity.

As it nears humanities levels, the Mechanicus will suffer a massive upheaval as the Star Dragon awakens and destroys Mars, fleeing into deepspace. With the foundation ripped out, they will also ally with the Tau for their technology, and a full civil war will ensue as humanity fights to regain control after it's technological heart is ripped out.

The Eldar will sense the destruction of the heart of humanity, Terra, and begin to subtly influence the war, one way or another.

The Dark Eldar will continue being nothing but a nuisance because their fluff is stupid. It's a bunch of pirates. They'll piss everyone off until all the space marine chapters rally against them, corner them, and basically wipe them out with superior numbers. There will be a bunch left, but they'll be but a gnat against all the bug spray in the galaxy. Unless they somehow figure out how to manipulate wraithbone, which would be awesome. It would spark another war between the Eldar and Dark Eldar, with one losing and being swept into the folds under a singular leader, who leads them all to posterity.

My thoughts at least. Sorry DE players, I just hate your army and background.

\Pretty models though...
    Borderline alcoholic and happy about it.
    Don't get your religion mixed with my Constitution. The mixture curdles.

Why so much hate? I mean, literally whats wrong with the fluff :L?

The Dark Eldar are much the same as Chaos, act upon whim... They will never try and re-claim the galaxy, because they just dont care :')
    [I][I] =][= "Things are very seldom what they seem. In my experience, they’re usually a damn sight worse” =][=

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus-Master-of-The-4th View Post
    Why so much hate? I mean, literally whats wrong with the fluff :L?

The Dark Eldar are much the same as Chaos, act upon whim... They will never try and re-claim the galaxy, because they just dont care :')
    They aren't like Chaos. Eldar were more like Chaos with their excess and depravation before the split than the DE. DE now are just a bunch of angry pirates that sometimes slightly irritate one or two planets. They've never actually threatened anything of importance of anyones. They might steal something or another, but even the DE fear the wrath of the Astartes should they press their luck.

The Eldar? The Eldar frequently f*** with Space marines, because Eldar can stand toe to toe with Marines, they just don't like the unnecessary amount of loss of life to an already dying race.
    Borderline alcoholic and happy about it.
    Don't get your religion mixed with my Constitution. The mixture curdles.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast