BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SotonShades View Post
    [URL="http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?t=20550&page=2]Here's something[/URL] that got me through to the final interview for the Games Developer Vacancy a few months back.

You could easilly adapt the rules for your guy.
    link didn't work for me.
    Purge the Weak!

Chapter-Master

Ah. Will try to edit it next time I.m on a computer. Search for ''techmarine dreadnought" and my user name in the general discussion forum and you should find it though
    Always thinking 2 projects ahead of anything I've yet to finish
    http://instinctuimperator.blogspot.co.uk/

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Vangrail View Post
    I agree to this! Wait if you look at my model posted what would count as what? But definitely agree on venerable and the repair rules.
    Ok, so it looks like what you have is a Contemptor Dread with a pair of pincer servo-arms in addition to its normal DCCWs. It is also carrying a stave of some sort. There is a large plasma cannon off of an additional servo-arm

So lets make this thing an actual model:

Contemptor Tech-Savant Dreadnought: F13, S12, R11 I4 A2(5)

Upgrades: Venerable, Contemptor Servo-Harness

Special Rules: Combat Repairs

Weapons: Flamer (Arm 1), Meltagun (Arm 2), Plasma Torch (Servo-Harness), 2 Ion Cutter Manipulators

Rules:

Combat Repairs: The Contemptor Tech-Savant may attempt to repair a vehicle in base contact (or itself) once per turn instead of firing its weapons. Select a damaged friendly vehicle model in base to base with the Contemptor and roll a D6. On a 4+, the vehicle may choose to either fixed a weapon destroyed result or instead to fix and remove an Immobilized result. However, on a roll of 1, the Tech-Savant pilot makes a critical error in judgement and causes a glancing hit on the target. Weapon destroyed results will randomly effect any ranged weapons on the target.

Contemptor Servo-Harness: The Contemptor Servo Harness is a highly advanced system of additional tools designed to rapidly repair even the mightiest battle damage. A Contemptor with a Servo Harness may repair twice on the same turn, either two repairs on one target or two separate targets. The Contemptor Servo Harness adds 2 attacks in close combat when functional (represented in profile)

Plasma Torch: Intended to weld together ceramite plating at the molecular level, the Plasma Torch is amongst the most powerful tools available to the Contemptor Dreadnought. However, when turned upon an enemy, the results are truly spectacular. The Plasma Torch is a S6 AP2 template weapon mounted on the servo harness. Removing the Plasma Torch from the harness will cause the harness to malfunction unless the Tech-Savant within can effect battlefield repairs.

Plasma Harness: Range: Template S6 AP2

Ion Cutter Manipulators: The Dreadnoughts manipulators and servo harness are armed with small molecular cutting beams. The contemptors hands and servo harness are power weapons and roll 2D6 for armor penetration.

Quote Originally Posted by thecactusman17 View Post
    Ok, so it looks like what you have is a Contemptor Dread with a pair of pincer servo-arms in addition to its normal DCCWs. It is also carrying a stave of some sort. There is a large plasma cannon off of an additional servo-arm

So lets make this thing an actual model:

Contemptor Tech-Savant Dreadnought: F13, S12, R11 I4 A2(5)

Upgrades: Venerable, Contemptor Servo-Harness

Special Rules: Combat Repairs

Weapons: Flamer (Arm 1), Meltagun (Arm 2), Plasma Torch (Servo-Harness), 2 Ion Cutter Manipulators

Rules:

Combat Repairs: The Contemptor Tech-Savant may attempt to repair a vehicle in base contact (or itself) once per turn instead of firing its weapons. Select a damaged friendly vehicle model in base to base with the Contemptor and roll a D6. On a 4+, the vehicle may choose to either fixed a weapon destroyed result or instead to fix and remove an Immobilized result. However, on a roll of 1, the Tech-Savant pilot makes a critical error in judgement and causes a glancing hit on the target. Weapon destroyed results will randomly effect any ranged weapons on the target.

Contemptor Servo-Harness: The Contemptor Servo Harness is a highly advanced system of additional tools designed to rapidly repair even the mightiest battle damage. A Contemptor with a Servo Harness may repair twice on the same turn, either two repairs on one target or two separate targets. The Contemptor Servo Harness adds 2 attacks in close combat when functional (represented in profile)

Plasma Torch: Intended to weld together ceramite plating at the molecular level, the Plasma Torch is amongst the most powerful tools available to the Contemptor Dreadnought. However, when turned upon an enemy, the results are truly spectacular. The Plasma Torch is a S6 AP2 template weapon mounted on the servo harness. Removing the Plasma Torch from the harness will cause the harness to malfunction unless the Tech-Savant within can effect battlefield repairs.

Plasma Harness: Range: Template S6 AP2

Ion Cutter Manipulators: The Dreadnoughts manipulators and servo harness are armed with small molecular cutting beams. The contemptors hands and servo harness are power weapons and roll 2D6 for armor penetration.
    I will test the rules this weekend!
    Purge the Weak!

the rules worked nicely with for this. Only thing I did not test was the servitors because not sure what to do with them yet.
    Purge the Weak!

Chapter-Master

I think the techmarine contemptor should have Power of the Machine Spirit. Representing communion with the Machine God- reward for service in death.

This way, the tech marine can still repair, and fire one weapon during shooting phase.
    The flames should be a hv flamer. Seems more appropriate on a body so large.

Librarian

The version i came up with has a S6 AP2 flamer built into its primary feature. Read that again. Tell me now that it needs a flamer at all.

As for PotMS, i imagine it more that you need all of those tools to quickly effect repairs, and I think that two repair attempts per turn is far more useful a function than just an extra shot. Also, there's the awkward nature of how Dreadnoughts shoot--you would have to turn the dreadnought each time you fired, so your dreadnought would suddenly turn 360 degrees firing in two different directions.

Chapter-Master

makes sense to me!

When I tested the rules we had it have two repair attempts each turn.
    Purge the Weak!

Brother-Sergeant

What is the points cost for this beast?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast