BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Nutsy View Post
    reading the thread versus.. actually playing against them.

yeah i'd rather take practical experience any day. LOL.

oh and just to humour you, I did read the thread. specifically your posts, which really were a lot of 'waaah'.
    Cute.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    Valuable input. Maybe you should quit being a dick and return to the topic instead of harping on other posters.
    Pot,

Maybe you should calm down. It is only the internet after all. (gay winking face)

If you want to encourage comments so devoid of thought that they could be a guest article on the BoLS front page, then feel free. A reasonable discussion was taking place and at least minimal standards exist regarding it.
    Last edited by Rapture; 04-28-2012 at 01:46 PM.

Chapter-Master

And you're doing it again. Well, that's what the Ignore list is for.

Ignoring the troll, I'll pose a question. What could be done to bring certain aspects of the GK codex in line? What's broken that needs a nerf, what's too weak and needs a buff, and how do you do it without nerfing the codex into irrelevance.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    And you're doing it again. Well, that's what the Ignore list is for.

Ignoring the troll, I'll pose a question. What could be done to bring certain aspects of the GK codex in line? What's broken that needs a nerf, what's too weak and needs a buff, and how do you do it without nerfing the codex into irrelevance.
    Pot,

This thread has a specific topic and that is not it, but still very White Knight of you.

-Kettle

Brother-Captain

What we have here is a classic East Coast/West Coast showdown. Gentlemen, your mics are at the ready.

Should probably lock this thread at this rate due to internet arguing that's so cool.

Anyway, on topic. I think the only thing that really needs to be adjusted is the price of certain things, (psybolts on vehicles, cost of transport due to fortitude, possibly the prices of special weapons on purifiers in particular)

Oh wait, just thought of something else. Stupid 95 point henchmen choices with razorbacks w/ psybolts, (I play pure GKs, so I can hate because it's dumb.)

Brother-Sergeant

Just thought I'd chime in seeing as I also hate the gk.
    Basicly having to play against this army so many times in the last year I have stopped playing 40k all together untill a new edition.
    This is not cause I'm a bad sport and don't know how to play. I'll explain.

I have 4 40 armies, necrons(since day 1) black Templars since before the codes, crimson fists and a Huge dark eldar army.
    I have never lost a single game with my de to gk, more often than not I table them. It's just not that hard wih de. That being said its still probably the least amount of fun I have EVER had playing 40k in all these years. The sheer amount of broken and underpriced crap u have to fight around is crazy. I've been playin my de for 9 years... The gk for 7 months....
    If I didn't know my de inside and out I wouldn't be winning as much. No army hat I've ever read is so forgiving to noobs. U can basically screw up half your game and still win just based on the codex and list.

The crimson fists? Don't even get on the table vs gk. it's just not fun removing models for 2hours while u waste yor time "playing"

Necrons... Hit and miss. I've won 50% but Again not much fun to win...

Templars? The only time I beat a gk was when I spammed vindis with potms, cyclone termie and cheep missle speeders... Not realy fun just taking things that are slightly broken and spammming them just To have a hope...

All In all this stupid codex forces u to almost build specifically to combat it with alot of the armies... Wich is pretty stupid and not at all balanced well.

Halbards should have been +1 Ini and +1 str. There is no reason whatsoever in he fluff or rules for gk to be as fast as dark eldar/eldar. Ini6 is one of the things that defined the eldar races... Faster than everyone else......

I will say tho the gk guys hate when a cheepo squad of wyches can tie up anything gk. 4++ on them is golden.

Max:

I can't tell if you're being sincere or offering a convincing parody of a laughable extremist--so, if it's the latter, good job! =)

Brother-Sergeant

Who's got a rough tounge,I may have an itchy ***,a few stray peanuts?Wait for the New RB doodleburgers.If you think an army that presents you with a challenge makes for a ****ty game then why do you even play.

Shoot those GK with all your guns,always kill the weakest unit first and avoid the strongest.If you loose the initiative outside of close combat you are dead.Same as GK..they don't like gun lines in cover.
    If your an aggressive player then you probably got smoked by the GK by default.

An army of hero librarians should be stronger! No dought, there's some stupid rules/points costs and I think purifiers shouldn't exist.I think the psycannon is fine its purifiers and psycotrope grenades/ rules around grenades that gay up the dex it just wasn't quite exicuted.

They are the apex of humanity in the fluff though,the old fluff served them well.I do mourn it.The Emperor left them with the keys to the Imperium and Mr Ward left them que gay musicI got the power

Shoot those GK with all your guns,always kill the weakest unit first and avoid the strongest
    that is impossible to do because either
    A the GK spams units and when he has 6+ identical ones with psycannons in identical transports with identical rifle man supporting them there is no weaker units.
    B he plays draigo wing and well shoting the damn with everything we got is already being done. Doesnt work so well . +unless we wipe them out KP games are always lost draigo builds[unless it is a mirror match].
    C there is no such thing as a "weak" GK unit because even GK gunline builds have build in counter in every unit [specialy if they are horde].

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by the jeske View Post
    that is impossible to do because either
    Ah, so it's impossible to beat GKs. So all those times I've heard or seen someone beating GKs, or got beat myself, are obviously illusions.

A the GK spams units and when he has 6+ identical ones with psycannons in identical transports with identical rifle man supporting them there is no weaker units.
    You don't have to target their weakest unit, you have have to hit one of their units with more firepower than they can deal with, one at a time. Isolate one of their units, weaker or not, and kill it dead. Then move on to the next. Avoid the rest of their army, and you'll take them apart piecemeal. Not exactly rocket surgery.

B he plays draigo wing and well shoting the damn with everything we got is already being done. Doesnt work so well . +unless we wipe them out KP games are always lost draigo builds[unless it is a mirror match].
    There's a whole series of articles on non-linear play on the main page not too long ago. Read them.

C there is no such thing as a "weak" GK unit because even GK gunline builds have build in counter in every unit [specialy if they are horde].
    Purifiers aren't the only unit in the codex, and the idea that literally any GK unit can kill anything else in the game is so nonsensical I can't even laugh at it.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast