BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

With GK? That is odd, I have the reverse experience, I tend to do better against GK with DE than I do against Mech IG or even some Necron lists.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    I've never even come close to losing to DE. The closest was against webway portal lists with bunches of nasty stuff hidden in reserve with a huge charge range, but against every other DE list I just roll dice and my opponent removes models.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

I know, but no one seems to be adopting them like with most new codices. Dunno why.
    hard to get your hands on scarabs from a just gaming point of view .

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    I know, but no one seems to be adopting them like with most new codices. Dunno why.
    I think people must like having an army with fortitude/I6 troops/NFW/silly grenades/s8 autocannons/stupid cheap scoring transports/assault+heavy weapons/purifying flame. With so many people investing in GK (both time and money), the next codex was bound to suffer a little.

Brother-Captain

I don't trust the filthy xenos.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    With GK? That is odd, I have the reverse experience, I tend to do better against GK with DE than I do against Mech IG or even some Necron lists.
    I'm not sure exactly what it is, I've just played against a wide variety of lists with a wide variety of lists and I've basically never even had to try. I just keep my army bundled together front and center and march to the center field shooting, suck up a round or two of venom/dark lance fire and then shoot everything to death. Whether they try and trickle in from reserves, or bum-rush me all at once, it doesn't seem to matter. I'm not sure exactly what it is. Maybe it's just the unique combo of units that I like to take just happens to work particularly well against DE since I don't do a lot of the common GK lists like Purifier spam, henchmen spam or Driagowing.

The closest game was against a WWP list with several large units of beasts. One came out of reserve and actually killed my 10 Terminators and Grand Master in assault, but I tied them up with a psyrifle Dread that they couldn't hurt. The other unit came in and I did the same thing. So I did actually have to work to win that one by tying up those units, but other than that one game I've never had any trouble. Neither I nor some of my friends, most of whom are top ranked 40k players on the west coast, can figure out exactly why, but none of us have been that impressed with competitive DE.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    11 of the 16 are Space Marines, it would be interesting to know what the breakdown of armies overall was. Pleased to see one Eldar player in the top 16, surprised at the lack of Dark Eldar especially with so many GK, all teh DE players I know including myseld do very well against GK.

Anyone stil at Adepticon could you do me a big favour and snap some decent photos of the Commoragh terrain board in the Team Tourney section? I've only seen a single blurry pic and I'd like to see how they did it and what the quality is like.
    Me too, I do ok against GKs depending on who goes first and how awake my opponent is. I'm not so sure how good a tournament army DE are though, one bad turn can ruin a game quickly. Hoping Warcon has more pointy eared shenanigans to dodge and weave to the top.
    Gamer • Painter • Designer • Englishman
    http://levitas-master-artificer.blogspot.com

Veteran-Sergeant

You see this is why I choose not to play my DE at adepticon this year. I knew that half of the field or more would be Gay Knights. It really is a bad matchup against competant opponents. I had WAY more fun playing warmachine all weekend!!!! :P
    BOLScon 40k Judge

I think it really matters on the list build and the play skill of each person when you go DE VS GK. Against my Purifiers list (woot I made it to the top 8 this year!!! ) It is going to wreck a DE players day especially if they are Venom spam. TL Str6 shots are coming out my ears and those paper bags with anti grav will drop like flies. On the opposite side take venom spam against a Draigo wing list and they large volume of DE fire will cause enough wounds to ruin Draigo and crew.

I was honestly a little disappointing I didn't get to play against any DE this year. Instead I was stuck paired against 2 CSM and 2 GK's (both pally/ termie heavy lists) in the first day and then I got to play Bill Kim's Daemons (fun game and I got lucky with his reserve rolls) Then it was back to none stop GK players as I finished my day playing 3 different GK varieties.

The funny thing is GK's VS GK's tends to be very one sided and it really depends on who can position themselves well for the charge. I was not expecting to see as many GK players this year. I though Necrons would go the distance since Wraith Spam is just insanely over powered. Like 18 models that are fearless with 2 wounds 18" charge range that ignores ALL terrain a 3+ invo and Str 6 rending swings in CC. Like WTF they are only 35pts a piece too.
    Ahhh- I might be having a heart attack!! I am over weight, over fifty and I am speedballing tranq darts and pure adrenaline!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12