• Goblins

5 6.67%
  • Fallen Realms ie Harad

17 22.67%
  • Angmar

9 12.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

This past Tournament Season (LOTR SBG, North America) I played a Dwarf list featuring Dain, a Ballista, a Siege Capt. and filled the rest of the army out w/ Rangers, Iron Guard, Khazad Guard and Warriors w/ shields.

The first tourament I attended was the Gathering in the Desert in Phoenix AZ, where I placed 12th overall.

The next tournament, Adepticon in Chicago, IL. allowed Army Lists upto 350 pts. max so I left out the Ballista and Siege Engineer in addition to lowering my over all numbers. I finished 2nd overall, and therefore won a "Golden Ticket" to the LOTR SBG Grand Tournament in Las Vegas this June where the 2010-2011 Tournament Champion will be crowned.

I also attended Bilbo's Birthday Bash, also in Chicago, IL. This was a 600 pt. event so I re-installed the Ballista etc. and finished 4th overall.

2010 has been my best performance on the LOTR SBG North America GT Circuit, (I've been an active participant since 2007). But I'm hoping to improve on my efforts last year, and actually be the Overall Winner at one of these Events.

One of my other "favorite" armies is my Budweiser Select Knights of Dol Amroth picture below. I used this pure Dol Amroth/Gondor force in 2007 and part of 2008. Here's a pic:

Scout

I wish we had more LOTRSBG tournament action around. It's by far my favorite GW game. That having been said I have several LOTR armies, but my favorite is my Dwellers Below list. Spiders, Wargs, Trolls and Goblins make for a really wild game every time.

I am starting a Dunland-only force! Mostly for painting, but also to start playing. Thrydan Wolfsbane, two captains, two banners, some wild men, and mostly warriors of Dunland.

Well, given the Elven name, it's probably no suprise that I tend to favour Elves, especially High Elves. Have also been known to run Rohan, Isengard, and Moria too, but that scene at the start of the first film was just too damn cool

I'm fairly new to SBG... I will admit that I am a Warhammer Fantasy / 40k player, and swore I would never start up LOTR. Sure I liked the miniatures, but getting into another game (and what I had thought of as a dying game) was of no interest to me. Yet now here I stand with my fully painted forces of Isengard, filling my Friday Wargaming nights with battles that rage across Middle Earth, and I haven't looked back. I love the other games, and LOTR SBG is still a side dish for me, but I must admit that I am having a great time, and really enjoy the rules and the setting.

That said, the Uruk Hai have been a blast to play. I run an all Uruk Hai force (no weedy orc spys from Sauron thank you very much!)... Whom do I serve? SARUMAN!

"I'm fairly new to SBG... I will admit that I am a Warhammer Fantasy / 40k player, and swore I would never start up LOTR. Sure I liked the miniatures, but getting into another game (and what I had thought of as a dying game) was of no interest to me. Yet now here I stand..."

I know exactly what you mean! In the early days those old WD articles just couldn't convince me to get into it...I guess the LOTR books themselves started my interest in building an army, and then some of the GW models next.

While starting out originally with elves (i knew i was never meant for the forces of evil), i quickly changed into the less than practical force of an army of Rohan (i say this because i am yet to see an army composed of only good cavalry excel against anything but goblins). While horses may be annoying to paint i find that after painting nearly 20+ they are an easy way to spend a few hours a night while sitting down to watch a movie.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345