BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Librarian

We've seen second waves joined with army book releases for their other systems, and we did hear rumours, if i remember correctly, that GW is planning to increase production so.

Chapter-Master

Update - Taken from Natfka at [URL="http://natfka.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/6th-edition-starter-set-contents.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=fee d&utm_campaign=Feed:+Faeit212+(Faeit+212)"]Faeit 212[/URL]

via MajorWesJanson
    Starter news I have heard from several places now:

Dark Angels:
    Terminator Captain
    5 Deathwing
    Tac Squad
    Ravenwing bikes (3 likely)

Chaos:
    Sorcerer
    Chosen
    CSM squad?
    Cultists
    Posessed?
    Dreadnought?

Dreadnought seems likely, as it adds vehicle rules. CSM squad may be referring to the chosen, or may not. Posessed will have to see, but they would add a daemonic aspect to the force.
    Last edited by DrLove42; 04-23-2012 at 08:26 AM.
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Iron Father

If this is correct then the Deathwing captain (Belial) must still make DW a troop choice in the next codex as there is only 1 tactical squad in this rumour, either that or FO is going % based.
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Chapter-Master

Black Reach only has 1 squad of marines, 1 of terminators, a dread and a captain. Thats only one "troops" choice.

Brother-Sergeant

I am skeptical about this rumor because it would be wholly unprecedented. However, there might be some reason behind it.

1. It's generally understood that GW's production capacity has increased in the past few years.
    2. They could've had many of these kits ready for release for a while.
    3. Go back to 2002-2004. We had 4 codecies in 3 years (one being an amended DE codex), this was attributed to The Lord of the Rings.
    4. So far its been a pretty barren 25th anniversary year.

With all that said, maybe GW is planning a huge unprecedented push for 40k during the run-up to Hobbit? The downside being that after this flurry we might go back to 1, maybe 2 codecies in 2013-2014 as the Hobbit dominates release slots? I'm not a rumor source and I'm skeptical of this rumor but perhaps there's more to it.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by juliusb View Post
    With all that said, maybe GW is planning a huge unprecedented push for 40k during the run-up to Hobbit? The downside being that after this flurry we might go back to 1, maybe 2 codecies in 2013-2014 as the Hobbit dominates release slots? I'm not a rumor source and I'm skeptical of this rumor but perhaps there's more to it.
    That would be alright with me, actually...
    I could stand a wait after 6th to catch up on a lot of my armies, particularly if there's a flier wave for a bunch of armies in there somewhere.
    Armies Played (in order of acquisition)
    Crons, SW, SM, Tau, 1k Sons, IG, Nids, BA, DE

Quote Originally Posted by DrLove42 View Post
    Update - Taken from Natfka at [URL="http://natfka.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/6th-edition-starter-set-contents.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=fee d&utm_campaign=Feed:+Faeit212+(Faeit+212)"]Faeit 212[/URL]
    Between various rumor sites and a birdy or two, I'm fairly confident about the DA side. Chaos side is more hazy, but several people now have mentioned the Cultists, Sorcerer, and Chosen, so I'd rate those three at least as fairly solid. Posessed I have heard from one place, will see how it turns out. Would add some color to the set though, adding a daemonic element without adding daemons. The mention of CSM is likely referring to the Chosen, who are basically just CSM vets. Dreadnought I am still thinking will happen, if only for the need to have a vehicle of some sort in the starter to teach vehicle rules.

I have also heard about the end of May flier wave, several days before this post showed up. Since this post appeared, I saw it as somewhat corroborative of what I had already heard, so posted myself. Try not to let rumor reverb get too far out of hand.

Rulebook seems to be scattered as to when it actually comes out, but it sounds like July 7 or the Saturday before or after (June 30 or July 14)

Beyond that, I'd still go with Harry and others, who have said that Tau are the first book of 2013, Chaos is the first book of 6th, and also that Tau and Eldar may be back to back.

Rarely do I have actual information, but this time around I have heard a few things. I'd still trust people like Harry and Hastings over me if it came to that. If I am wrong, then I am wrong. If I am right, cool.

Chapter-Master

The problem I have with DA in June is that the WD spine image is nowhere near complete and is clearly a DA. Surely that is leading up to some big DA release? I suppose that DA could be the new 40K poster boys in the same way BT were for 3rd ed, but I would be surprised to see Ultras shunted aside.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Quote Originally Posted by DrLove42 View Post
    Black Reach only has 1 squad of marines, 1 of terminators, a dread and a captain. Thats only one "troops" choice.
    Not if you build the marines as two 5-man squads. Remember, minimum size for a tactical squad is 5.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Bushido View Post
    Not if you build the marines as two 5-man squads. Remember, minimum size for a tactical squad is 5.
    True. But by time the box set comes out DA should have a new codex, so maybe theyl be able to combat squad as well. After all GK can (can BA?)

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast