BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Default New Rumours - DA, 6th Ed and more

OK so I went to a comp last weekend (yesterday in fact :P).

At this I had a chat with a guy who until recently used to be a GW manager. He talked with me a bit about upcoming stuff.

Now I know this seems like the least credible source in history (better than my brothers friends sister works at a printing company though) but other people from the club he'd come from say hes usually been right about his rumours;

May
    Next wave Necrons. Also a suprise wave of fliers (the DE Voidraven, Necron Fliers, an Ork Fightabomba and a aircraft for regular marines. Maybe stuff for other races wasn't sure)at the end of the month, with rules in WD

DA
    Next Book.- Preorder at end of may for beginning on June release

6th Ed
    End of June.

6th Ed starter box
    Will not be released in the traditional pre-UK games day slot, and will likely be earlier (when he didn't say)
    Chaos vs DA. DA includes 5 Ravenwing, 5 Deathwing, some Tac Marines and a Deathwing Commander.
    Chaos includes some chosen, a sorceror and a boatload of cultists (He did say he didn't see a Dread - which is against every other rumour thus far I think - But he did admit only seeing some of the sprues- Sorceror also opens up possibilites of those plastic Plaguebearers we've heard about before)

Chaos
    Will be before the box set, supposedly preorders up at the end of July.

Tau
    November.

He claimed GW are trying to release 3 codexes and the main rule book this year, in addition to another fantasy book and the hobbit stuff, so releases may seem more closely packed than we're used to

As I said, credibiltiy seems laughable, but I believed him. Maybe that makes me an idiot. We'll just to wait and see.....

UPDATED

Update - Taken from Natfka at [URL="http://natfka.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/6th-edition-starter-set-contents.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=fee d&utm_campaign=Feed:+Faeit212+(Faeit+212)"]Faeit 212[/URL]

via MajorWesJanson
    Starter news I have heard from several places now:

Dark Angels:
    Terminator Captain
    5 Deathwing
    Tac Squad
    Ravenwing bikes (3 likely)

Chaos:
    Sorcerer
    Chosen
    CSM squad?
    Cultists
    Posessed?
    Dreadnought?

Dreadnought seems likely, as it adds vehicle rules. CSM squad may be referring to the chosen, or may not. Posessed will have to see, but they would add a daemonic aspect to the force.
    Last edited by DrLove42; 04-23-2012 at 08:26 AM.
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Librarian

Well, hope this is true
    Lord Macragge and wielder of the Ultramar´s Gauntlets

Occuli Imperator

Might need to find a friend who plays chaos to get two boxes between us and swap the units.
    The other thing I hope is that the armies will be better balanced than in the current box

Librarian

I will say I hope to see the necron fliers, I have been wanting to see one so bad since I saw the new dex. I have a lot of hope for tyhat thing, I hope it is as beautiful as I picture it.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v506/rlocke2/551391_4297044038379_634463020_n.jpg

Alpha Legion Operative

See, this is interesting in that a lot of these aren't new rumours. Dark Angels, Chaos, starter boxed set, Necron wave in May, fliers - all have already been said by rumour sources that are regarded as pretty reliable by the forum communities.

The new stuff, as far as I can see, is the timing of the DA book, the fliers having rules in WD and the specific contents of the boxed set. This could be a dedicated forum reader with some conjecture, but I guess we'll start seeing the accuracy as dates come and go...

Iron Father

Thanks for sharing this Dr

If these rumours pan out then this will be a great year for 40k and for me as Dark Angels, Chaos and Tau are all armies I like.
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Brother-Captain

If this is correct then I know a few of my friends will be happy. I'm curious to see what this aircraft for Codex Marines will be, I'm guessing some new variant on the Storm Raven.
    Either there is life in the universe more intelligent than us, or we are the most intelligent form of life in the universe. Either way, it's a worrying thought!

The basic thrust of these rumours are consistent with others we've seen but the releases are too compressed to be credible IMHO.

• Too many kits all for May (Necrons + fliers), possible spread across May and a later month.
    • Still don't buy chapter specific models in the starter box. Maybe dark angels painting style instead of ultras but would expect them to be generic models usable by any chapter, otherwise we'll see a lot of ultramonks etc.
    • Starter box can't really come out any earlier than September unless they break with tradition and sell it at the same time as the book (but then why buy the big book and not just use the short version in the box?).
    • Very much doubt they'll squeeze in 3 codexes plus the book and starter box in June-October pre-Hobbit in November-December. That would imply 40K releases in May, June, July, August, September and October.

As much as I would love it to be true I doubt it. Even if GW wanted to do this there are production constraints to take into consideration. In May we would be looking at 9-10 plastic kits maybe a couple less if there are some duel kits (which is not necessarily likely), which is unprecedented.

Happy to be wrong, but I'd caution against anyoen getting their hopes up. Still, we will know in 4 days when WD and the May releases go up for advance order, even if the flyers aren't there they would have to be in the WD.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

Like I said, not the most credible of sources, so i don't know

As for models needing to be produced, rumours say the fliers are done (other rumours, other places). The Necrons are all done (release in 2 weeks? They better be). Chaos models have been spotted for months.

If these are true (and i kinda hope they are) the year would look like;

May - Nec 2nd Wave + Fliers
    June -DA + Rulebook
    July/August - Chaos
    August/September - Starter Box
    October? - Fantasy
    Nov - Tau
    Dec - Hobbits

The 5 months of this year so far have seen 2 army books, and some 2nd wave launches and a new paint line. So we know GW can ramp up the release rate if they need to.

Yes this would leave no time for 2nd waves. But given how long some armies have waited for them (Wolves, Bugs, Deamons in the past) its not outside the realm of possibilty
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast