BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Brother-Sergeant

I could see alot of releases close together. I agree with the wrap up of some of the older codexes ,to focus on the new edition.

Default Oh, please. Warning, severe sarcasm.

Don't tell me that Tau are coming out in November. They aren't coming out in November. Do you know when the Tau are coming out? I'll tell you when Tau are coming out... The MOMENT they do, and not a bloody second before! That's it. That is all. How many hearsay 'rumors' do we have to read about and listen to before people just get that it's coming out when it does, and no amount of cheetoes stained and mr pib burbled conjecture or opinion will change that fact.

I want the Tau dex to come out! Badly! With baited breath, I pray to Tau cheesus and the gods of GW for it to happen every night, but I'm too old to believe in ghosts, santa claus, snipes, and most other legal fictions, figments of fancy, and conjecture without GW substantiated fact. I've been down that road before. My psyche is too fragile (and so are the Tau) to take this kind of abuse on a repeated and fraudulent basis.

Make up your own minds, and please take my ramblings for what they are, the bitter and jaded keyboard slappings of a serious and lamenting Tau enthusiast who's been tied to the bumper of hope and drug down the street enough times to learn his lesson and just drop it and move on with my life. It's been better since I gave up hope on the Tau. Liberating. The forgeworld expansion is the best we can hope for for the time being, is real, GW sanctioned, and allows us to change up our tactics just enough to squeeze a little more joy out of this gaming mummy we lovingly called the 'Tau'.

If you are sick of Tau rumors, then you were obviously not a Dark Eldar or Necron player during the dark days of those army's lives.

I can't argue that point. But I'll also add that Dark Eldar have their shiny new codex and Tau don't.

Yes, I'm whiny, and if I don't like reading about Tau rumors, then why am I even on this site? Why do I even pay attention? Simple answer. Because deep down I AM hopeful. I want a new codex, as stated before- 'badly'.

And to be honest, I was trolling a bit. Thanks for biting on that...

BUT I believe my stance has merit in that constantly chomping at the bit and scratching at an open sore thinking that it will make it heal any faster is ludicrous in and of itself. It's better to dress the wound (metaphorically described as the wound being a lack of a new Tau codex, and dressing as playing the real forgeworld update for the time being), and checking on it every now and again to make sure it's not festering, and meanwhile concentrating on other things (like learning and mastering the current tau codex), and POW the moment that it comes, you'll be elated and ecstatic, and you wouldn't have focused upon and wasted your time on a topic that you have no say or effect upon. It's easier on the psyche, believe me.

Believe me! I'm hopeful! But beating a dead horse won't make it get up and dance to MC Hammer (WHAT DOES THAT EVEN MEAN!?). It'll be out when it's out. Not a moment before. Period.

And from what I've "heard" from a former GW employee who still has contacts and insight into the business, if you want to talk 'rumors', is that the Tau codex and all the new minis have been done for months now, and are just waiting for a release date from GW. So in return for GW's consideration, I will not be shelling forth anymore hard earned dollars or even expending thought as ransom for something that is complete, but not forthcoming. I'll just snarkilly tap upon my cheetoes stained keyboard, sucking up my mr pibb, and weigh heavily in on a topic which I have no constructive say in, but am none the less compelled by my overinflated sense of self worth, that my opinion is vital and must be read and digested by forum chasers (myself included).

Please feel free to ignore this...my inner waj is showing.

I think I've figured out why the boxed set would be released at the same time as the big book. The reason is to allow time for the hobbit minis to amp up attention for the film which comes out in December. This way the miniatures act as a preview for the film, and allow GW to space releases out to prevent major spoilers for the movie which the contract for the hobbit likely requires.

::raises three-quarters emptied rock glass of Evan Williams (neat) to the wisdom of the Panxxer:: I'm in his corner. ::empties the glass::

Quote Originally Posted by Malcontent View Post
    I think I've figured out why the boxed set would be released at the same time as the big book. The reason is to allow time for the hobbit minis to amp up attention for the film which comes out in December. This way the miniatures act as a preview for the film, and allow GW to space releases out to prevent major spoilers for the movie which the contract for the hobbit likely requires.
    Spoilers for a movie based on a book that was written in 1937!? Really? Spoiler alert: Bilbo acquires the One Ring!

all these different tau rumors for different dates are really getting me down whenever I think of them.

I want my safe plasma, my railguns, my seeker missiles, my SMS, my ridiculously mobile suits, my burst cannons and my drones to be as crazy as they sound. And i'd like it before the next five years. I have images racing through my mind of a line of suits with burst cannons blazing and missiles roaring while racing up to deal with the enemy, with broadsides and battle tanks firing like MAD to support them. BAM! there goes a Landraider, cleaved in two and thrown back hundreds of feet by a white hot slug streaking along at mach 7. Kaboom! there goes a Rhino in a ball of flame after being slammed by a barrage of missiles. And while this is going on, there's a firewarrior taking careful aim, squeezing the trigger and catching a librarian square in the face with a pulse round.

yes that's right, I said Mobile Suits. no relation to anything gundam. more armored core/battletech.

And from what I've "heard" from a former GW employee who still has contacts and insight into the business, if you want to talk 'rumors', is that the Tau codex and all the new minis have been done for months now, and are just waiting for a release date from GW
    *twitch*

are they just waiting for the 'throw a dart at a date' party or what?
    Last edited by Uncle Nutsy; 04-26-2012 at 10:19 PM.

I would LOVE to see an Ork flyer. Also though... I wonder what the Chaos cultists consist of? I just started a small Chaos force and have been reluctant to add much to it in anticipation of new Chaos stuff to come.

I wonder what the Chaos cultists consist of?
    You mean a cultist squad or the codex itself that presents them?

If former: I think it could be guardsmen squad- like with autoguns in place of lasguns. Also with a fancy rule for the wicked .

If latter: I wouldn't mind seeing IG- type organisation of weaker cultist as troops, and to really give them some contrast, buffed chaos marines as an elite choice - elite as in "we've been trained by the primarch and have fought in battles where more marines died than there is at the end of 41st millenium - and lived through it to tell the tale".

Support tanks for the cultists could be those arachnid-type tanks with laser and battle cannon mounts that i think Dan Abbnet wrote in one of his Gaunts Ghost books..

Or.. i'll just shut up..

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast