BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Bushido View Post
    Not if you build the marines as two 5-man squads. Remember, minimum size for a tactical squad is 5.
    Ah! But. Two of the Marines are equipped with special / heavy weapons, which can only be taken in ten-man squads.

DA were actually the first to introduce combat squads

yes they can combat squad a ravenwing squadron combat squaded is s4!! kill points
    also the first for bike troops and incendery castellan quite a few things actually ... used to have attack bike squads as well :/

Quote Originally Posted by Houghten View Post
    Ah! But. Two of the Marines are equipped with special / heavy weapons, which can only be taken in ten-man squads.
    Those are just "special issue bolters"!

Im a big dark angels collector. Sadly i already have a ton of the figs. Im not sure there is enough rumored in the box to justify another starter box or two to trade a chaos player. I could see this box as an awesome chaos starter set and a let down for the DA player. Sceenery perhaps? I think i will be looking to purchase parts only at this point. Or will do a full 180 once i see the sprues.

Prob mini book and maybe some extras... :/ guess i can get caught up on other armies.

Librarian

Exciting!

Let's look at what GW has done over the past couple months. Just today we received the second wave pictures for Necron, due May 5th, along with a huge list of Finecast models for Space Marines. That leaves very few metal models left. We've also seen the release of a few Space Wolf and Tyranid models that needed models. That wraps up a LOT of stuff. As far as I know, the only things missing right now are a handful of SC's across a few Codices and the fliers, which include but are not limited to:

Tyranid Harpy, Dark Eldar Voidraven Bomber, Necron Doomscythe/Nightscythe, and of course the anti-air Imperial Guard Hydra Flak Tank.

That's exactly 4 plastic models, which is not that far fetched for a GW release, and it wraps up a lot of Codices. What have we seen lately? Wrapping up loose ends. It would make a lot of sense, following that theme, to release these fliers (probably along with some finecast SC's for DE and Necron) at the end of May or beginning of June. If there's a White Dwarf that goes along with the fliers, it could be released in May, but I have a feeling that any special WD rules supplement would come out in the following June WD, especially if the models release at the very end of May. (Looking at the calendar, the models could be released June 1st, which is a Friday).

That would then open up the production and release lines for completely new stuff for 6th edition, DA, Chaos, and whatever else.

I'm quite hopeful. May is going to be a busy year...

Quote Originally Posted by MajorWesJanson View Post
    DA were actually the first to reintroduce combat squads
    Fixed

If this release schedule is right, then I'll be very excited. However, I'm not holding my breath.

Veteran-Sergeant

hmmmm dont know it would be nice to see some new DA stuff though also depending one what chaos faction they put out there are a few where it has ben a long time comming will be nice to see what happens

fun from afgan
    thelion

Quote Originally Posted by Bushido View Post
    Not if you build the marines as two 5-man squads. Remember, minimum size for a tactical squad is 5.
    But you can't take the missile launcher guy at 5-man.

surprise wave of flyers? skeptical.

tau in november? yeah heard that one before.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast