BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Kawauso View Post
    I understand that - very well, as 'Nids is an army I play.

Doesn't really matter in the context of my original post, though.
    'Tis relevant indeed. It means he's 1 for 2 in codex-writing.

Chapter-Master

I'd call its 1.5 for 3 in codex writting

He scores 0.75 for Guard (good, but only in one real build. No one uses Ogyrns, Ratlings, 5 out of 6 Russes, Deathstrike etc)
    0.5 for Nids - Some good stuff, quite good in smaller games, have seen them do well in large games though
    0.25 for Sisters - Some good stuff, but no flavour, fluff and stripped heavily down punish them (played a good game against them a few weeks back, otherwise I would have just called them a write off)

Although apparantly the Empire book (also his) isn't too bad for Fantasy so who knows.

If he does do Tau, either he needs to improve or its going to be competitve, but only in one build. He's decent with gunline armies. I'm just scared for the fluff...
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Librarian

It worries me that Ward could be doing DA. If that's the case, expect another huge jump in codex creep as he tries to redeem himself for the atrocity of Grey Knights.

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by DrLove42 View Post

He scores 0.75 for Guard (good, but only in one real build. No one uses Ogyrns, Ratlings, 5 out of 6 Russes, Deathstrike etc)
    0.5 for Nids - Some good stuff, quite good in smaller games, have seen them do well in large games though
    0.25 for Sisters - Some good stuff, but no flavour, fluff and stripped heavily down punish them (played a good game against them a few weeks back, otherwise I would have just called them a write off)

Although apparantly the Empire book (also his) isn't too bad for Fantasy so who knows.

If he does do Tau, either he needs to improve or its going to be competitve, but only in one build. He's decent with gunline armies. I'm just scared for the fluff...
    I'll crack jokes about Sisters at the drop of a hat, but they can still do some mean things.

Quote Originally Posted by Denied View Post
    When was the last time you saw either a Tyranid player or Sisters of battle place in the top of either a GT or RT, and this is not from a lack of people who enjoy Tyranids its because their army does not work in the current model of the game used by the indy tournament scene.

This is mostly because point wise Tyranids don't work well in the 1850 range that we see most tournaments running. They are actually not bad at around 1500 (which is where the game is arguable play tested for balance purposes) and they are freaking god like at 1000pts or lower (depending on FOC used). This is mostly because at those higher point values other armies (of the Marine variant) can field lots of fun models that easily wipe out the bugs.
    TOLS Qualification last month:
    1st, GK; 2nd, SoB....12th SoB. Just saying

Chapter-Master

from the BoLS Google+ page:

Bell of Lost Souls12:35 PM - Public
    More talk of Warhammer Fantasy rules mechanics moving to 40k 6th edition. Latest was the "mystery terrain" that can impact the game coming over.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Kaika87 View Post
    'Tis relevant indeed. It means he's 1 for 2 in codex-writing.
    Yes. But the IG codex is pretty good. And Tau function similarly as an army. Therefore I would expect if he were to do the Tau codex, there's a pretty good chance he wouldn't mangle it, as the core principles of the army are something he seems to understand alright.
    Armies Played (in order of acquisition)
    Crons, SW, SM, Tau, 1k Sons, IG, Nids, BA, DE

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by DrLove42 View Post

Depends what you mean with regard to how many builds are viable.

Competitively, I can't speak with any authority, really, but the IG codex doesn't really have any truly dead weight units in it with the exception of the Ratlings and Ogryn, I think.

I've used the Leman Russ Eradicator on at least one occasion to devastating effect. Wiped out an entire squad of Eldar Guardians (save the Warlock) in one shot. Good times. It's not the sort of thing you'd throw into an all-rounder tournament list, but for casual play the alternate Russ builds are a load of fun.
    Armies Played (in order of acquisition)
    Crons, SW, SM, Tau, 1k Sons, IG, Nids, BA, DE

I had a squad of Ogryn with ol' Iron Hand assault a squad of 10 of my Blood Claws, kill them, then go on to destroy the Land Raider they came in on, in two turns.

Brother-Captain

What was Straken for?

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast