BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Chapter-Master

Default [The Good, The Bad, & The Hungry] Adepticon 2012

Well, Adepticon weekend has come and gone and I'm a little bit tired but mostly fulfilled after a really fun couple of days in gaming. Here's the newest edition of [URL="http://queencityguard.com/index.php/2012/04/23/the-good-the-bad-and-the-hungry-adepticon-2012/"]The Good, the Bad, and the Hungry: Adepticon Edition.[/URL]

We had a lot of fun, saw some really great looking armies, and can't wait to do it next year.

Also, in the event that you're interested, we may have a few packs of the Matt Ward Horde Collectible Card game left in reserves. Send me a PM if you think you're interested. First come, first served.

As always, C&C welcomed!

www.queencityguard.com

First-Captain

Um...Witt--did you not see my "where to eat" post? :P

Omega's okay...but not even anywhere near the top of the middle when it comes to good food. I think I listed about 30+ places within 5 minutes of the con to eat.

I registered late (not sure if I was going to be able to go or not) so I missed out on the real "swag" bag. What I did get couldn't even be laughably called "swag." Adepticon just really needs to not have a swag bag after the first 1k registrants.

I did get the battlefoam bag, though. It's nice for the smaller games that I don't need to lug my 1520 around to.

CMoN had probably twice the presence it did last year. I didn't get to demo Wrath, but BoLS own Mr. Black was running most, if not all, the demos for Dark Age Apocalypse.

And damn, is it a fun game. They had a great deal (buy a starter, get the hardcover rules for free) and had almost all the minis there. Game was fun enough that I bought a 500pt force to play in the tournament late saturday night. The winnings from the game were enough to bring my force up to 750pts and add a few resin bases.

Infinity had their first US National tournament on Sunday. Was hellacious fun. Great organization, and great competitors. For all that the competition was readily apparent--there was still very much the casual-gamer atmosphere. People were laughing, joking, chatting post game--just what a tournament should be. And--everyone who was in the tournament walked away with something. Another huge plus.

Demo'd Leviatans by Catalyst Labs: Steampunk flying battleships. It's a "board game" a la battletech, and plays fairly easily. However, aesthetically, I've got to say I like the Dystopian Wars minis a lot more.