BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Adepticon 40K Championships Results - Final 16

Day 1 results on Apocalypse40K:

[URL="Day 1 results on my site: http://apocalypse40k.blogspot.com/2012/04/adepticon-40k-championship-results-day.html Alec"]http://apocalypse40k.blogspot.com/2012/04/adepticon-40k-championship-results-day.html[/URL]

Alec

Chapter-Master

I wonder why it's surprising that there are several ork players in the top 10. Apparently someone hasn't been paying attention to any of the major tournaments for the last couple of years.

But, yeah, about what I expected. Lots of GKs because they're the most recent codex. Top ten has a couple SW, GKs, Orks and several miscellaneous armies which is pretty much the norm lately.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    I wonder why it's surprising that there are several ork players in the top 10. Apparently someone hasn't been paying attention to any of the major tournaments for the last couple of years.

But, yeah, about what I expected. Lots of GKs because they're the most recent codex. Top ten has a couple SW, GKs, Orks and several miscellaneous armies which is pretty much the norm lately.
    Necrons are more current than GK actually.
    "Winning is a theme" - John "JJ" Layfield

Librarian

Still glad to see the ork armies do well.
    Waaagh!

11 of the 16 are Space Marines, it would be interesting to know what the breakdown of armies overall was. Pleased to see one Eldar player in the top 16, surprised at the lack of Dark Eldar especially with so many GK, all teh DE players I know including myseld do very well against GK.

Anyone stil at Adepticon could you do me a big favour and snap some decent photos of the Commoragh terrain board in the Team Tourney section? I've only seen a single blurry pic and I'd like to see how they did it and what the quality is like.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Battle-Brother

Dark Eldar can't win due to the way the tournament missions are written. Adepticon has started to shift toward the same type of format that Nova uses, which is all three of the book missions in play. Dark Eldar are not any good at kill points, so they lose those, then have to try and get multiple objectives and the capture and control. Add on to this that GK's are better in hth and also at shooting, and it's a bad match up in tournament.

I did a discussion of this on my blog. [url]http://bloodofkittens.com/prodigalsonhobbyblog/2011/11/28/prediction-dark-eldar-will-not-win-adepticon/[/url]

Librarian

It is surprisingly amazing that, despite being older than others... Orks are still winning and being among the top on tournaments all around the world
    Lord Macragge and wielder of the Ultramar´s Gauntlets

Battle-Brother

Orks are a really well made codex. You have to to survive the test of time like that.

[URL="http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&frm=1&source=web&cd=4&ved =0CEUQFjAD&url=http%3A%2F%2Fbloodofkittens.com%2Fc hurchofkelly%2F&ei=w8qVT_fADan26AHCusCNBA&usg=AFQj CNGSFQAcjH_zfC14MRsqUnAFMUZGzw"]All Hail the Church of Kelly![/URL]

Chapter-Master

I've never even come close to losing to DE. The closest was against webway portal lists with bunches of nasty stuff hidden in reserve with a huge charge range, but against every other DE list I just roll dice and my opponent removes models.

Quote Originally Posted by Necron_Lord View Post
    Necrons are more current than GK actually.
    I know, but no one seems to be adopting them like with most new codices. Dunno why.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

First-Captain

To hazard a guess, it would be that undead robots just don't have the sci-fi appeal of power armor, massed infantry, howling greenskins or kick-arse space elves (of snobby, or evil tendencies).

Not to mention the evil crazy power armor bad guys. Those too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast